**For this setup to work, you must have an ERA-DCRX within range and working correctly from an ERA transmitter/sensor. We will call this “receiver 1” in the steps below. The “out-of-range” ERA-DCRX will be called “receiver 2.”
Programming the new receiver to the ERA-EXTX:
- Program the ERA-EXTX to “receiver 2” (the receiver is out of range from the transmitter/sensor). IMPORTANT! Remember, an ERA-DCRX (“receiver 1”) is functioning correctly. This IS NOT the receiver we are programming to the ERA-EXTX. In the steps below, we will program the ERA-EXTX transmitter/extender to another ERA-DCRX receiver, “receiver 2”. NOTE: If you are using the ERA-RXPG or ERA-VPRX, for “receiver 2,” the steps are similar, but consult that receiver’s manual to put it in programming mode.
- Task off the cover of the ERA-EXTX.
- On “receiver 2, “hold down the “mode” button. After approximately 3 seconds, you’ll hear a short tone sound, and the RED LED for zone 1 will blink. Release the mode button.
- Push the “front” button and make sure the battery is inserted correctly.
- You will then hear a short musical chime sound. This denotes the transmitter (ERA-EXTX) is programmed to that zone.
- Hold down the “zone” button again; after 3 seconds, you will hear another short tone sound. This takes the receiver out of programming mode.
- Next, ensure “receiver 1” (the one within range) is unplugged. This is IMPORTANT.
- Remove the cover from the ERA-DCRX (consult the manual for details).
- Take the RED wire from the ERA-EXTX and wire it into the positive screw on the 12V DC output for Zone 1. Please look at the wiring diagram by clicking the link at the bottom. You must cut the c-clamp off the red and black wire and stripe them. The RED wire corresponds to the “front” button on the ERA-EXTX.
- Take the BLACK wire from the ERA-EXTX and wire it into the negative screw on the 12V DC output for Zone 1. Please take a look at the diagram below.
- You can ignore the WHITE WIRE.
- Set the duration of the 12V DC output to 5 seconds. Please consult the user manual for the ERA-DCRX to find the location of these dip switches.
- Plug “receiver 1” back in.
- Trigger the transmitter/Sensor already programmed to the ERA-DCRX “receiver 1.” “Receiver 1” should chime. Simultaneously, the RED LED on the ERA-EXTX will light, and “receiver 2” should chime.