ERA-EXTX Door Bell Chime Extender
The ERA-EXTX is a small wireless transmitter that wires into the existing wired doorbell in your home. When your wired doorbell is triggered, this small device sends an instant radio signal to a compatible ERA receiver, up to 4,000 ft. away. If you have trouble hearing the existing wired door bell in your home, this will help you hear the doorbell throughout your home.
Low Flat Rate Domestic Shipping!
- Expedited & International Shipping (for most products)
- Safe & Secure Checkout
- 30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Call or Email for Support
Easily Make Your Wired Door bell Louder with the ERA-EXTX Door Bell Chime Extender
If you’re like many people, sometimes you miss a visitor at your door because you cannot hear the wired door bell in your home. This is especially true for the elderly and the hard of hearing. Most wired doorbells have a decibel rating between 65 – 75dBA and only play a simple ding-dong sound. There is an easy solution and it’s the ERA-EXTX by Safeguard Supply.
By simply wiring the ERA-EXTX into your existing wired doorbell and purchasing a compatible ERA receiver (ERA-DCRX, ERA-RXPG, ERA-VPRX), when a visitor pushes the pushbutton outside your home, the wired doorbell will chime as normal, but simultaneously the compatible receiver will play a selected chime sound, vibrate, or flash (depending on the model).
How the ERA-EXTX Doorbell Extender Works
The ERA-EXTX is a small transmitter that wires into your existing doorbell. It wires into the front doorbell, second doorbell, and common terminals of the wired chime in your home. It is powered by a high-powered, lithium battery with a 3-year estimated lifetime. When your wired doorbell is triggered and plays its standard ding-dong sound, this small transmitter will send a radio signal, up to 4,000 ft. away to the ERA-compatible receiver.
A compatible ERA door chime receiver must be used in conjunction with this transmitter for it to work. Once the transmitter (ERA-EXTX) is programmed to the receiver, the receiver can be placed anywhere in your home or business enabling you to hear the chime sound when a visitor is at your door. Multiple receivers may be placed throughout your home or office. For instance, place a receiver in your kitchen, upstairs bedroom, or even in the basement and never miss a visitor again. Use it in conjunction with the ERA-VPRX portable receiver, for example, and work outside or in your workshop to give you mobility. As long as the receiver is within a 4,000 ft. range it will pick up the signal sent from the transmitter.
How the ERA-EXTX is Wired Into Your Doorbell
Most wired doorbells have three screws, typically called terminal screws located under the wired doorbell cover or cabinet. One screw is for the front door, another is for the “second door”, and a third is for the “common” or “transformer.” The ERA-EXTX has three wires, one for the front door, one for the second, and another for the common. Simply follow the included directions to wire the transmitter into the doorbell.
Diagram of the ERA-EXTX Wired Into a Standard Wired Doorbell
ERA-EXTX Features and Specifications
- ERA-EXTX ships with the transmitter, double-sided mounting tape, high-powered lithium battery, and user manual.
- Dimensions of transmitter: 1.75” W x 2”H x 0.75” D
- Each wire is approximately 9” long
- Typically mounts next to, on top of wired chime, or inside the chime cabinet/cover room permitting
- Works with standard wired doorbells that play “Ding-Dong” sound and two doors (an example is a front door and back door).
- The range of ERA-EXTX transmitter to compatible receiver is up to 4,000 ft, line of sight. Environmental and building materials will decrease the wireless range.
- Must have compatible ERA receiver:
- The battery in the transmitter is a CR123A which is a high-powered lithium battery with a life of 2-3 years.
|Dimensions||4 × 1 × 1 in|