Are you looking for an easy to install, easy to use, and even easier to maintain entrance alert that notifies you with a pleasant chime when someone enters your store or office?
The EZ-TONE entrance alert is a great solution:
- When wireless products aren’t reliable in your environment
- When you cannot run wires (or simply don’t want to)
- Don’t want to worry about changing batteries
- When you want to improve customer service by being notified when your store, shop, or office door is opened
To find out more about the EZ-Tone entrance alert, please click the product link below or call us and we would be happy to assist.
Visit our Entrance Alert Category Page for Models
What Exactly is the DC1 EZ-Tone?
The DC1 is a self-contained, mechanical entrance alert – meaning it requires no electricity. There are two basic components of the kit: the box chime itself and the magnetic disk. The “box” is the brown box as shown in the image. Inside, the box contains a plunger with spring, and a metallic strip. The second part is a small magnetic disk, about the size of a silver dollar, with a magnet inside the disk. The brown box is mounted on your door frame which makes the plunger (it protrudes out of the box) connect to the magnet on the disk. As the door opens, the spring on the plunger allows it to stretch, until a point where the tension is stronger than the magnet. At that point, the stretched out spring recoils and makes the plunger strike the metal strip inside the box. This results in a gentle, but loud, “tone” that you can hear in an area up to 2,000 ft.
If you need an entrance alert for a larger area, would like to hear the chime in a remote area, or would like to have multiple sensors and/or multiple receivers to hear the chime, we invite you to visit our complete entry alarms offerings to find the right product for your specific application.
For our wireless entrance alerts, our top selling products are:
- DA50L-A Wireless Entrance Alert with a Range of up to 1,000 ft. Our #2 Entry Alert Seller, contains one wireless PIR sensor/transmitter and one plug-in receiver. When motion is detected, it sends a wireless signal to the receiver thay plays on of four tone sounds. The kit is expandable with additional sensors and receiver.
- The LH-4000 is Long Range Entrance Alert that uses a door/window contact, which sends a wireless signal up to 2,500 ft. to a plug-in receiver when a visitor opens the door.
A Brief History of the EZ-Tone Entry Alarm
In the 1980’s, our company founder, Lord Henry, started selling the EZ-Tone Entry alert chime. At the time, this was a revolutionary product for commercial businesses to receive instant alerts that a visitor has entered their facility.
At that time, other than expensive alarm systems, the only way to know when someone entered your facility was to mount something like a “Shop Keeper’s Bell” over the door. The opening door would hit the brass chime hanging over the door and this would alert a manager or store clerk.
The problem with these types of systems was they tended to be a little whimsical for everyday use and weren’t really loud enough to hear unless you were standing right next to the door. In the mid 80’s a revolutionary product was created, the DC1 Ez-Tone door chime.
Thirty years later, 1800doorbell.com (a Lord Henry Company) continues to offer the DC1 as one of 8 licensed distributors of the product worldwide. Since the 1980’s we have sold over 100,000 DC1’s and they continue to be one of our best-sellers. Although the product may be used in residential environments, it ist most widely used in commercial spaces.
Some of our customers:
- Subway franchises
- Circle K
- Family Dollar
- and more!