The WDK-ERA-KIT-922-BELL is a doorbell kit specifically designed for warehouses, shops, garages, etc., where noise is an issue, and you need a loud doorbell or entry alert. The receiver featured in this kit, the ERA-DCRX, has a volume control knob that plays the selected melody at approximately 95 dBA at 5 feet, which is loud but not loud enough in some locations.
A unique feature of the Safeguard Supply ERA-DCRX is its C-FORM relay and 4 x 12V DC outputs, allowing you to connect strobe lights, sirens, and fire alarm bells–virtually any 12V DC product.
For more information about the WDK-ERA-KIT, please visit the product page; you can consult the user manual. This article will illustrate how to connect the DB-2000 bell to the ERA-DCRX.
- Unplug the receiver (ERA-DCRX) & separate the top half from the lower half of the case, and set it aside.
- On the DB-200, remove the square cover on the top half of the bell. See image below
- Notice the small tab on top of the square cover. Depress the cover and remove it from under the tab. Set it aside.
- On the ERA-DCRX receiver, locate the external 12V DC terminal connection block corresponding to the ERA receiver’s respective zone (figure 1). For example, if a push button is paired to zone 1, and you want sound for zone 1, you must wire the bell into the terminal block for zone 1.
- Loosen the + and – screws for the respective zone referred to in the step above.
- On the DB-2000, loosen the two screws (see the image below).
- Connect a wire to each screw (see the image below) and retighten.
- Connect the other end of the wire to the + and – screws on the terminal block of the ERA-DCRX for the zone you plan to program the transmitter/sensor to and retighten the screws.
- Polarity does not matter.
- Adjust the dip switch settings for the output duration.
- Snap covers back on the DB-2000 and the ERA-DCRX.
- Consult the user manual for additional information.