ERA-PRDCR-STROBE Warehouse & Business Motion Entry Alert Strobe Chime Kit
When you have a door that sometimes stays open, have an open area you would like to monitor, or simply prefer a motion-based sensor rather than a door/window contact, the ERA-PRDCR-STROBE is a great choice. When triggered by heat and motion, the PIR sensor will transmit a wireless signal up to 4,000 ft. to the remote plug-in receiver where a selected chime sound will play and the connected strobe will flash. The product is great when you need a bright visual indication when motion is detected.
- Additional information
Do you need a long range entrance alert that features a bright strobe light to alert you when a visitor arrives?
The ERA-PRDCR-STROBE is a Warehouse & Business Motion Entry Alert Strobe Chime Kit is a kit that features a long range motion based sensor (PIR) and a plugin chime receiver with a transmission range of up to 4,000 ft.
The sensor in this kit is the ERA-PIR sensor which is the type of sensor you need for a door that stays open (or occasionally stays open) or if you have an open area you would like to monitor.
This kit is similar to the ERA-PRDCR kit, but also features a bright flashing strobe light that will flash when a visitor passes through the monitored zone. The strobe is good for loud areas like large warehouses or workshops, but also for quiet areas where you don't want sound.
The sensor/transmitter mounts over the zone you would like to monitor using the included aluminum bracket. This bracket makes it easy to rotate/pivot the senor so you can fine-tune the actual monitored zone you want to create.
When triggered, the sensor will transmit a wireless signal up to 4,000 ft. to the plug in receiver. The receiver has four zones and each zone will play a 1 of 12 selected melodies. Up to 3 transmitter/sensors may be paired to a zone, and an unlimited number of receivers may be paired with a transmitter/receiver.
For additional information on the receiver and sensor, please visit the ERA-PRDCR product page.
ERA-PRDCR-STROBE Warehouse & Business Motion Entry Alert Strobe Chime Kit Strobe Features:
- Kit ships with 1 x ERA-PIR motion activated sensor/transmitter, ERA-DCRX plug-in chime receiver, 15 ft. 2-strand 20 AWG wire, & LED strobe light (color choices available).
- Wireless range from the sensor/transmitter to receiver is up to 4,000 ft. line of sight. Environmental factors will diminish distance.
- PIR sensor/transmitter is indoor rated only. Receiver is indoor rated only.
- PIR sensor / transmitter is powered by 9V alkaline battery (not included).
- Receiver plugs into a standard wall outlet.
- Included strobe light (you choose color) is LED & connects to back of receiver. Flashing duration is set at 5 sec (default), 10 sec, 1 min, & 2 minutes.
- 12 different sensor/transmitters may be paired to each receiver. Other sensor types include this sensor (ERA-PIR) and ERA-UTX which functions as a push button or door/contact.
- Unlimited number of receivers, the ERA-DCRX, may be used.
- Receiver features 4 levels of volume control mute off button.
- Transmitters are paired to one of four zones on receiver. Small LED indicator flashes on receiver for each zone when triggered.
- Each zone features 1 x 12VDC output (for total of 4). Receiver features 1 x C-Form relay for integration with other devices.
- Low battery notice: when the battery in the transmitter is low, the zone indicator light it is paired to will blink for 10 minutes following a trigger & the melody plays two times in a row.
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty.
- Manufactured by Safeguard Supply.
- Receiver measures: 5.75” x 3.5” x 1”
- Push button (without magnetic contact) measures: 3.38” x 1.94” x .81”
- Magnetic contact (without push button) measures: 2” x .56” x .38”
How to Wire Strobe Light (or other accessory) to ERA-DCRX Receiver
There are two methods for wiring external devices to the ERA receiver. The most common (image below) is to wire a 12V DC device to one of the 12V outputs. Each zone features 1 x 12V outputs. The other is using a C-FORM relay. There's only one C-Form relay, but it can be associated with a combination, or all zones.
How does the strobe light connect to the receiver?
Add Strobe Lights, Sirens, Fire Alarm Bells, and More.
On the back of the receiver are four connections (one per zone) where each connection can output 12V DC of power to power an external device. Simply wire the strobe light to the zone the transmitter is paired to. When triggered, the zone will output 12V of DC power for the selected duration (5 seconds, 10 seconds, 1 minute, or 2 minutes). This power will trigger the connected strobe light to flash for that given period of time.
Each zone on the receiver has a 12V DC output, enabling a total of 4 external devices to be powered/triggered by the receiver. A total of 3 transmitters/sensors may be paired to a respective zone. There is not limit to the number of receivers a transmitter may be paired to.
Kit Includes One PIR Motion Sensor & One Plug-in Receiver
- Passive-Infrared (PIR) motion detector triggers when the combination of heat and movement passes through the monitored zone.
- Sensor is designed to mount over door-way using included bracket. Design of bracket makes is easy to pivot unit in order to create the desired monitored zone.
- The higher the unit is mounted, the wider the size of the monitored zone.
- Sensor/transmitter is powered by 9V battery.
- Unit sends a signal to included receiver up to 4000 ft. away.
ERA-DCRX Desktop/Wall Mount Receiver
- Receiver plugs into a standard wall outlet.
- Each receiver pairs with 12 transmitter/sensors; unlimited number of receivers may pair with a transmitter.
- Each receiver features four zones…up to 3 transmitters per zone.
- Each zone features a live 12V DC output to trigger & power an external device.
- Volume control for chime sounds.
- Low battery on transmitter/sensor indicator.
Hear the Sounds Played by the ERA-DCRX Receiver
|Choose Strobe Color|
Safeguard Supply - ERA Series
Medium Sized to Large Businesses & Warehouses
|Kit Or Accessory|
I'm very satisfied with my purchase which includes three receivers, two doorbells, a driveway sensor and a strobe light. No more pesky UPS trucks sneaking up on see.
I had purchased a Honeywell doorbell/chime from Lowe's a while back. While less money it didn't function well. The doorbells had to be pressed and held to operate and then there was only one chime. My new setup is instantly responsive when the doorbell is pressed, the driveway sensor works flawlessly and its sensing distance can be easily controlled internally so it's not bothered by vehicles on a nearby road. I purchased the devises with a much greater wi fi range than needed but I don't regret that at all. So far a flawless operation with different chimes set for each door and the driveway. Great customer service too. Call early morning to get Marilee, she's very knowledgeable and super courteous.
So glad we bought this driveway alarm. I now have peace of mind knowing we can monitor what is going on our property.
I have a farm with two long driveways coming from the north and one from the south. I initially purchased one receiver and two transmitters just to test their effectiveness. I will be ordering two more receivers and at least six more transmitters to place in my tool shop and barn as intruder alarms. Their range is amazing and the different tones will alert us as to which driveway or building has been activated. I will also place transmitters on my front and rear porches to alert me when someone approaches either entrance. Fast and easy to install, conceal and operate. Highly recommend.
Nice product easy to install and works good. I'll buy again