ERA-PRDCR-STROBE Warehouse & Business Motion Entry Alert Strobe Chime Kit
When you have a door that sometimes stays open, have an open area you would like to monitor, or simply prefer a motion-based sensor rather than a door/window contact, the ERA-PRDCR-STROBE is a great choice. When triggered by heat and motion, the PIR sensor will transmit a wireless signal up to 4,000 ft. to the remote plug-in receiver where a selected chime sound will play and the connected strobe will flash. The product is great when you need a bright visual indication when motion is detected.
Do you need a long-range entrance alert that features a bright strobe light to alert you when a visitor arrives?
The ERA-PRDCR-STROBE is a Warehouse & Business Motion Entry Alert Strobe Chime Kit is a kit that features a long-range motion-based sensor (PIR) and a plugin chime receiver with a transmission range of up to 4,000 ft.
The sensor in this kit is the ERA-PIR sensor which is the type of sensor you need for a door that stays open (or occasionally stays open) or if you have an open area you would like to monitor.
This kit is similar to the ERA-PRDCR kit, but also features a bright flashing strobe light that will flash when a visitor passes through the monitored zone. The strobe is good for loud areas like large warehouses or workshops, but also for quiet areas where you don’t want sound.
The sensor/transmitter mounts over the zone you would like to monitor using the included aluminum bracket. This bracket makes it easy to rotate/pivot the senor so you can fine-tune the monitored zone you want to create.
When triggered, the sensor will transmit a wireless signal up to 4,000 ft. to the plug-in receiver. The receiver has four zones and each zone will play 1 of 12 selected melodies. Up to 3 transmitters/sensors may be paired to a zone, and an unlimited number of receivers may be paired with a transmitter/receiver.
For additional information on the receiver and sensor, please visit the ERA-PRDCR product page.
ERA-PRDCR-STROBE Warehouse & Business Motion Entry Alert Strobe Chime Kit Strobe Features:
- Kit ships with 1 x ERA-PIR motion-activated sensor/transmitter, ERA-DCRX plug-in chime receiver, 15 ft. 2-strand 20 AWG wire, & LED strobe light (color choices available).
- Wireless range from the sensor/transmitter to receiver is up to 4,000 ft. line of sight. Environmental factors will diminish distance.
- PIR sensor/transmitter is indoor rated only. The receiver is indoor-rated only.
- PIR sensor/transmitter is powered by a 9V alkaline battery (not included).
- The receiver plugs into a standard wall outlet.
- Included strobe light (you choose color) is LED & connects to the back of the receiver. Flashing duration is set at 5 sec (default), 10 sec, 1 min, & 2 minutes.
- 12 different sensor/transmitters may be paired to each receiver. Other sensor types include this sensor (ERA-PIR) and ERA-UTX which functions as a push button or door/contact.
- an Unlimited number of receivers, the ERA-DCRX, may be used.
- The receiver features 4 levels of volume control mute-off button.
- Transmitters are paired to one of four zones on the receiver. A Small LED indicator flashes on the receiver for each zone when triggered.
- Each zone features 1 x 12VDC output (for a total of 4). The receiver features a 1 x C-Form relay for integration with other devices.
- Low battery notice: when the battery in the transmitter is low, the zone indicator light it is paired to will blink for 10 minutes following a trigger & the melody plays two times in a row.
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Manufactured by Safeguard Supply.
- Receiver measures: 5.75” x 3.5” x 1”
- Sensor/ Transmitter size: 2.5” H x 4.55” W x 1.52”D.
- Strobe Light Dimensions are 3” x 3” x 1.75”
How to Wire Strobe Light (or other accessory) to ERA-DCRX Receiver
There are two methods for wiring external devices to the ERA receiver. The most common (image below) is to wire a 12V DC device to one of the 12V outputs. Each zone features 1 x 12V outputs. The other is using a C-FORM relay. There’s only one C-Form relay, but it can be associated with a combination or all zones.
How does the strobe light connect to the receiver?
Add Strobe Lights, Sirens, Fire Alarm Bells, and More.
On the back of the receiver are four connections (one per zone) where each connection can output 12V DC of power to power an external device. Simply wire the strobe light to the zone the transmitter is paired to. When triggered, the zone will output 12V of DC power for the selected duration (5 seconds, 10 seconds, 1 minute, or 2 minutes). This power will trigger the connected strobe light to flash for that given period.
Each zone on the receiver has a 12V DC output, enabling a total of 4 external devices to be powered/triggered by the receiver. A total of 3 transmitters/sensors may be paired to a respective zone. There is not limit to the number of receivers a transmitter may be paired to.
Kit Includes One PIR Motion Sensor & One Plug-in Receiver
- Passive-Infrared (PIR) motion detector triggers when the combination of heat and movement passes through the monitored zone.
- Sensor is designed to mount over the doorway using the included bracket. The design of the bracket makes it easy to pivot the unit to create the desired monitored zone.
- The higher the unit is mounted, the wider the size of the monitored zone.
- Sensor/transmitter is powered by a 9V battery.
- Unit sends a signal to the included receiver up to 4000 ft. away.
ERA-DCRX Desktop/Wall Mount Receiver
- Receiver plugs into a standard wall outlet.
- Each receiver pairs with 12 transmitter/sensors; an unlimited number of receivers may pair with a transmitter.
- Each receiver features four zones…up to 3 transmitters per zone.
- Each zone features a live 12V DC output to trigger & power an external device.
- Volume control for chime sounds.
- Low battery on transmitter/sensor indicator.
Hear the Sounds Played by the ERA-DCRX Receiver
|Dimensions||4 × 4 × 4 in|
|Choose Strobe Color||
Amber, Blue, Clear, Green, Red
C-Form Relays, Expandable, Flashing Strobe, Live 12V DC Output, Multi-Zone, Visual Indicator, Volume Control
|Kit Or Accessory||
|Battery Or Plug In||
Magnetic Contact, Push Button
My daughter, grand daughter and I, owners of a three generation female-owned business, installed two kits of 2 receivers, 2 transmitters and 2 accompanying strobes in no time at all. The installation was a cakewalk for 3 mediocre-tech-savvy ladies! We were so satisfied with the outcome of our initial order that we ordered an additional compatible item. The customer service was exceptional and the order was received in 2 days.
I use these in all my commercial applications.
Thank you for the good quality
To the 1800 Doorbell Team I want to say THANK YOU for building a perfectly designed product. I can't say enough good things about it. It is a quality product in every way and performed better than advertised. It was crystal clear, very loud, easy to install and just a joy to work with! Excellent!!
I bought this remote doorbell kit and a second receiver. The installation was quite simple. I would recommend this device to anyone who wants to add a flashing light and sounder to their existing doorbell chime.
The doorbell is just what we needed. We couldn't hear clients coming to the door that is far from the office. The bell was pretty easy to install. Thank you.
Between the sound and strobe light this is an excellent product!
We installed this unit in a detected gym at an elementary school. The staff loves the fact they can see the strobe while they have kids in the gym playing. Easy to install.
Easy to install. Works fine. Liked the fact that it builds on the existing system rather than replacing it.
This was so easy to install. It really does go through cement walls. I highly recommend it!