BEST SELLER! Great for large homes and businesses that need to transmit over long distances, the LRA-D1000 has the power you need to penetrate walls that typical products cannot. A selector switch on the side of the door chime can be set to “flash,” “chime,” or “flash and chime.” A great choice for use in residential applications for the hard of hearing or in noisy, commercial environments. This is a great product for homes of all sizes and mid-sized businesses. For large commercial spaces or if you need a business door chime system with external accessories such as Fire Alarm Bells, Loud Sirens, or Strobe Lights, visit the ERA-UTDCR Business Doorbell.
How to Select the Right Wireless Doorbell Product for Your Needs
There are several factors you need to know before selecting the right wireless products. The best thing you can do is give us a call and we would be happy to help you. Below are some items you need to consider when choosing your chime.
Step 1: determine the wireless chime range you need?
The most important thing to consider is the distance from the transmitter (push button) to the receiver (speaker). Most manufacturers publish a range when tested in ideal environments, which usually means line-of-site and no interference. Any walls will diminish the signal by 20%-30%.
- Standard chimes have a range of up to 150 ft. For standard chimes, you should feel comfortable selecting any of the products in the plug-in or battery-operated products.
- Long-range chimes: have distances up to 5,000 ft. (depending on the model). We have a good article you can read regarding long-range chimes.
Step 2: Are there any special requirements such as a need for a doorbell for the hard of hearing?
- We covered long-range chimes above, but we would also consider that to be a specialty type of chime. If so, we recommend you select the long-range category.
- If you are hard of hearing or in a loud environment, you might want to consider a wireless chime with some sort of visual indicator. For standard chimes, we have the WC180 flashing chime. If you need a long-range chime and also a flashing light, there are two choices, the DC-1000 with a range of 1,000 ft., and the WDK-ERA-STROBE, which has a range of up to4000 ft. For a standard chime with a visual indicator, you can also choose the RC4120 which is compatible with other Carlon chimes.
Step 3: Battery Operated Doorbell or plug-in Doorbell?
- The only real difference between these two different categories is whether the receiver is battery powered or plugs into a wall outlet. Other than that, the functionality is the same.
- Battery operated door chime kits usually operate using C-sized or D-sized alkaline batteries. The DC-1000 is battery operated, however, a plug-in transformer is available for additional purchase. Battery-operated chimes may either be hung on the wall, while some models can sit on a desk or flat surface.
- Plug-in chimes plug into a standard wall outlet.
- An important note is that “most” brands are compatible with one another, regardless of whether they are plug-in or battery operated. The exception to this rule is the Honeywell brand, which has A, B, C, and D versions you need to consider.
I need a replacement part for an existing wireless chime product?
If you have an existing product, your choices are a little more limiting. First, determine the brand. In most cases you can purchase additional receivers, plugins or battery operated. There is a compatibility issue with older models, so we encourage you to give us a call.
For example, if you have the Dimango, Carlon, or Lamson & Sessions brand names, the technology changed in 2000 making the older models non-compatible with the more recent models.
More About Different Wireless Chimes
Plugin Door Chime Models:
Installation is a snap with plug-in doorbell kits. Simply mount the push button transmitter to the outside door and plug the door chime receiver into a standard wall outlet. With most manufacturers, you can mix and match battery-powered and plug-in receivers.
Battery Operated Door Bell Models:
These chime kits typically contain a transmitter and a receiver. The difference between these kits and the plug-in versions is that the receivers in these doorbell kits are powered by batteries.
Don’t let the fact that these are battery-powered worry you. Typically, the batteries will last 12-24 months, depending on usage and environmental factors. Battery operation allows you to mount these chimes higher in the wall and allows the manufacturer to design a more aesthetic design than seen in most plug-in models. As with the plug-in version, if you stay with a particular manufacturer, like Carlon, you can mix and match plug-in and battery-operated receivers.
Flashing Strobe Light Doorbell Products:
Whether you’re hard of hearing or need to hear a door chime in a loud area, our flashing wireless chimes are an inexpensive way to ensure you never miss a visitor to your door. We carry a line of products designed for residential and commercial use that are easy to install, easy to maintain, and work great.
Plug-In Receivers: Simply it into a Wall Outlet
This category shows our “plug-in” wireless door chime products. All of these products are wireless from the transmitter (a.k.a. push button) to the receiver. The receivers in this category plug into a standard wall outlet.
Choosing the Right Wireless Doorbell
- Do you need a certain brand for compatibility reasons?
- What range do you need? (push button to receiver)
- Do you need additional push buttons and receivers to expand the kit?
Do You Need A Particular Brand
Most products from the same manufacturer will be compatible, except when it comes to the Honeywell brand of door chimes. Honeywell brands are listed as “A.B, C, D, or E” compatibility. All other brands on this page are compatible with one another. If compatibility is not a factor, then choose the model you want to be based on other factors.
Wireless Range of Wireless Chimes & Wireless Doorbells
This is one of the most important factors when choosing your wireless doorbells & door chime. When the range of a product is listed on a website, it’s typically the published range the manufacturer provides. This wireless range is typically “line of sight,” in an unobstructed environment, meaning no interference.
Many of plug in wireless door chimes, in this category, are the Carlon, Thomas and Betts brands of cordless door chimes. If you are looking for the “Dimango” or “Lamson & Sessions” brands, they are now known as Carlon or Thomas and Betts. All the Wireless Doorbells from Dimango are compatible with Dimango doorbells and most Dimango products work together. We also offer Dakota Alert, Safeguard Supply, Broan and Honeywell wireless doorbell systems.
Please note: Most wireless door chime manufacturers make their products cross-compatible. Meaning, a Carlon RC3253 receiver will work with all other wireless door chime products by Carlon. The Honeywell chimes listed on this site are also cross-compatible with one another, which allows you to mix and match battery and plug-in operated models, as well as plug-in door alarms, door alarms, and plug in door sensors.
Battery & Plugin Operated Door Chimes
Battery Operated Door Chimes
Do you need a new doorbell but don’t want to run expensive wiring? Maybe you just have trouble hearing your existing chime? Using a battery operated wireless unit is something to consider. Some folks have a negative view of wireless products like this, but more often than not, it’s because the products they have used in the past are of the highest quality. The truth is, the products you find at most local hardware stores, the major box store retailers won’t have the features and power they need to operate effectively in your home or business. Even some online stores will sell cheap models that are not effective. At 1800Doorbell, we’ve done a good job vetting products to ensure they do what they say they will do. Feel confident when you shop on our website based on our experience and the fact that we stand behind our products with a complete 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
- Easy to set up and install wireless products allow for more mounting options
- Most products play more than one melody or note, allowing you to add wireless buttons on other doors
- Easily add additional receivers to expand the listening range of your current system
- Many modern and beautiful styles to choose from
- New technology means a longer transmission range to ensure the product is reliable
- Battery draw is not as high as you would expect. Most systems will work for 1-2 years prior to a battery change