LRA-EX1000 Long Range Doorbell Extender kit
When you cannot hear your existing wired door chime in areas of your home, look to the LRA-EXTX for help. This product wires into your existing doorbell system and transmits a wireless signal to the wireless LRA-DCRX receiver, which you can locate throughout your home. This means you can now hear your doorbell in areas of your home where you could not before. A powerful 1000 foot range outperforms all other extenders on the market today.
- Additional information
Trouble hearing the existing wired door chime in areas throughout your home?
This is a common problem with wired doorbells, in that they are typically not loud enough to hear in every part of the house. We have a solution!
The LRA-EX1000 is a wired door chime extender KIT that transmits a wireless signal to chime receivers you can locate throughout your home. When your existing push button outside is pressed, your door chime will ring as normal, and this product will simultaneously trigger the receiver to play a chime, flash an LED strobe light, or chime/strobe together. Add multiple receivers throughout your home, and extend your doorbell chime to the basement, garage, or bedroom.
Here’s an example. You have an existing wired door chime hanging in your foyer. You can hear it well in the family room, but upstairs in your bedroom, or down in the basement, it just isn’t loud enough to hear. With this product, you can place a receiver in your bedroom and one in the basement. Not only does your existing wired chime play it’s chime sound when a visitor pushes the outside button, but the chime receivers in your basement and bedroom will now also play the melody you select.
Do I need to Hire an Electrician to Install the Product?
No. The connection of the extender transmitter into your existing wired doorbell is easy and straightforward. Most wired doorbells have an outer chime cabinet and when this cover is removed you will notice the mechanical “guts” of your existing wired doorbell. You will then notice what’s called the “terminal strip” with three screws (a typical wired doorbell setup). One of the screws is labeled “Front” (for front doorbell button), another screw labeled “Trans” (for transformer) and the last is labeled “Back” (for back doorbell button). Each wire on the extender will wire into one of the screws. The extender transmitter will then lay inside of your doorbell or on top of it.
We recommend you read the LRA-EX1000 instruction manual prior to purchasing the product. View the manual by clicking here.
Here’s how it works!
The kit consists of two different products, the LRA-EXTX wireless door chime extender and the LRA-DCRX wireless door chime receiver. The LRA-EXTX is a small, battery operated transmitter that wires into your existing door chime (follow included instructions). When your door chime is triggered (by pushing front doorbell button) this device will generate a wireless signal and send it to the LRA-DCRX receiver.
- 1 x LRA-EXTX Extender
- 1 x LRA-DCRX Receiver
- Mounting hardware for LRA-EXTX Extender
LRA-EXTX Product Features:
- Works only with traditional wired door chimes
- Works with 9-18V AC wired chimes
- Transmitter wires into existing wired chime
- Transmitter is powered by a long life lithium CR123A battery (included) that will last up to 2 years (easy battery to find and replace)
- Product will only work with a compatible LRA receiver, the LRA-DCRX and the LRA-VPRX
- Works for front door and back door wired doorbell products
- Connects on the wall next to – or on top of – your existing wired doorbell
- Mounting hardware is included
- See product user manual below for mounting and programming information
- Low battery indicator signals receiver when battery is low and needs to be replaced
- One year manufacturer’s warranty
LRA-DCRX Product Features:
- Powered by 3 x C-sized alkaline batteries (plugin wall transformer, LRA-PLUG is available for purchase)
- 18 different tunes/melodies to choose from
- Available strobe light can turn on or off
Safeguard Supply – LRA Series
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
My original driveway sensor went bad, still under warranty. One call to 1800Doorbell and they had a new one sent out. Replaced the bad sensor and my driveway alarm is back up and working.
Arrived promptly; works well.
Tried several other brands.This one worked where others failed. Excelled in every way.
Eliminates need for batteries.
Took awhile to figure out how to work but finally got it. Haven’t had a chance to experience it yet. The instructions were a little unclear.