5000 Ft. Range Driveway Alarm Detects Cars Only!
The DCPA-4000 is the perfect wireless driveway alarm kit when you only want alerts for vehicles entering your property. The sensor will trigger when a car passes through the 10-12 foot detection zone and will then send a wireless signal up to 5000 feet away to a plug in chime receiver. Will not detect people or animal movement.
- Additional information
Unlike PIR (passive-infrared) based driveway alarm sensors, the DCPA-4000 kit by Dakota Alert has a sensor that will only detect automobiles. This is ideal when you live in a rural area, or any area for that matter, where animals may trigger your sensor. When a car or truck pass withing 10′-12′ ft. of the buried probe, the sensor transmits a wireless signal over 5,000 ft. away to the receiver.
This kit features two main components; 1 x DCPT-4000 Magnetometer Probe Transmitter and 1 x DCR-4000 Plug-in Chime Receiver. The transmitter is a magnetometer probe that you bury in the ground parallel to your driveway or even under the driveway (if driveway is dirt or gravel). The probe has 50′ of wire connected to a transmitter box that is powered by 4 x CR123a lithium batteries (included for domestic orders, not for international orders). When a large metallic object passes through the magnetic zone (10′-12′) emitted by the probe, it triggers the transmitter to send a signal to the compatible receiver.
The receiver in the kit is the DCR-4000 receiver. Simply plug the receiver into a standard wall outlet and program it to the transmitter / sensor buy picking one of twelve available melodies. When triggered the receiver will play that tune. The receiver may be located up to 1 mile from the transmitter, line-of-site. Environmental factors such as hilly terrain, wooded areas, an building materials will reduce the transmission range, however, with a range of up to 5,000 ft., this set up works in most scenarios.
The receiver has 12 different sounds to choose from with four level of volume adjustment from mute to approximately 85 db. The transmitter and receiver are compatible with all Dakota products in the 4000 series such as the UT-4000 and the DCMA-4000. This means you could add additional receivers throughout your home or office to distribute the sound, as well as add push button and PIR based motion sensors to your system.
- Compatible with Dakota 4000 series of products only (DCMT-4000, DCMA-4000, UT-4000, DCR-4000, and LH-4000).
- Sensor detects metallic objects only–people and wildlife will not trigger the sensor.
- Range is 5,0000 ft. line of site and will vary by environment.
- Transmitter powered by 4 x CR123A Lithium batteries and are included for USA based shipments, not included for international orders.
- Receiver is powered by included 12V DC plug-in transformer.
- Detection range is 10-12 feet.
- Probe has 50’ft of direct burial wire connected to an outdoor rated transmitter box.
- Receiver has volume control and will play 12 different melodies.
- Operating temperature is -30F to 120F.
- One-Year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Manufactured by Dakota Alert.
Dakota Alert 4000 Series
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Fast shipping, easy installation
Still works great