DCRH-4000 Dakota Alert Rubber Hose Driveway Alarm-1 Mile Range
This is a rubber hose based driveway alarm kit by Dakota Alert. When an automobile drives over the rubber hose it will send a wireless signal up to a mile away to the included chime receiver. The kit is expandable enabling you to add more receivers and additional transmitters.
- Additional information
Remember the days when you pulled into a gas station or through the dry-cleaners drive thru, over the rubber hose to hear the ding sound? Although the technology of rolling over a rubber hose has been around a long time, it continues to be a very reliable form of a driveway alarm. A heavy object rolling over the rubber hose triggering the sensor eliminates false alarms by things like animals, falling leaves, etc.
Couple that reliability with the power of a 5000 ft. wireless range and you have a beautiful marriage. The Dakota Alert DCRH-4000 is pneumatic (rubber hose) sensor based driveway alert system that will transmit a wireless signal up to 5000 ft. (line of sight). The kit comes with 25 feet (3/8” diameter) of rubber hose connected to a transmitter box. The transmitter is powered by 1 x 9V (not included) battery. When triggered (car rolling over hose) the transmitter sends a wireless radio signal up to 1 mile away to the included chime receiver.
The receiver will play the selected melody (12 to choose from) when triggered. You can purchase additional receivers (DCR-4000) to distribute the sound throughout the area where you want to hear the sound. The receiver features a volume selector button and may located up to 1 mile from the rubber-hose transmitter.
- Kit includes 25 feet or 3/8” diameter rubber hose with transmitter box (DCHT-4000) and one receiver (DCR-4000).
- Transmitter will send wireless signal up to one-mile to included receiver (environmental factors will reduce range).
- Sensor and transmitter are outdoor rated and powered by alkaline 9V battery (not included).
- Receiver plugs into a standard wall outlet (indoor rated only) and may be mounted on the wall or sit on desktop.
- Receiver plays twelve different melodies and may be paired with additional transmitters (push button, door contact, driveway sensor, etc.) and works with additional DCR-4000 receivers.
- Manufactured by Dakota Alert.
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Operating temperature is -30F to 120F.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Works well and arrived ahead of schedule
We live 800 feet off the main road. It’s reassuring to know when someone is driving up our driveway, we are alerted.
Love the rubber hose driveway alarm. We have a long, wooded driveway, and it works perfectly!
Wanted two sensors but could not find it on the website even though it did say you could order extra ones
I've had a driveway alarm for many years. It's always served as kind of a security system the way my house is built you cannot see who's at the door until you open the door. So with the driveway alarm I have a chance to look out to see who it is before I answer the door. I had had a different kind of driveway alarm that ran off of vibration got lots of false signals. I really like this one so far because when it goes off someone is definitely in the driveway so easy to put together and get into service. Was shipped quickly happy so far