DCMT-4000 Dakota Alert Driveway Alarm Sensor Only 1 Mile Range
The DCMT-4000 is the passive infrared sensor/transmitter (PIR) for using with compatible 4000 series of products from Dakota Alerts
- Additional information
The DCMT-4000 is a Reliable Driveway Alarm Sensor that Detects When Cars Enter Your Property
Dakota Alert’s DCMT-4000 is an driveway alarm sensor with a range of up to 1 mile. This means when the DCMT-4000 is triggered, it will transmit a signal up to one mile away (5,000 ft.) to one of the two compatible 4,000 alert receivers, the DCR-4000 and the RE-4K Plus.
This state of the art sensor is passive infrared which means it is triggered when the combination of heat an movement are detected in the monitored zone. Users typically place the sensor on one side of the driveway so the invisible PIR beam shoots across the driveway so it can detect cars as they entered. The sensor is outdoor rated.
How the Sensor Works
The DMCT-4000 is a passive infrared sensor/transmitter compatible with the DCR-4000 & the RE-4K Plus Dakota Alert receiver. The sensor shoots out a narrow beam across a driveway. When a car or person passes through the monitored zone, it immediately sends a wireless signal, up to 5,000 ft. away to a compatible receiver.
Jumper pins inside the transmitter/sensor allows you change different settings on the sensor according to your needs.
- Sensitivity (or range) of the sensor according to your needs. For example, the low setting will create a detection zone up to 25 ft. across. A high range setting will create a detection zone of 100 ft. across.
- Turn LED on or off. When the sensor is transmitting you can determine if you want a LED to show or not.
- Filter on or off. If you are using the sensor outside, it is recommended to to turn the filter “on” so it will filter out triggers from very small objects like falling leaves. Setting the filter to “off” makes it very sensitive and it recommended for indoor use.
- Reset changes the time between activation or triggers. It may be set to reset 10 seconds after trigger or 120 seconds after trigger. If you have a busy driveway or other area you are monitoring, you may want to use the 120 second trigger so it is not go off as much.
Driveway Monitor Sensor Product Features:
- Low range-25 ft., Medium range – 50 ft., High range – 100ft.
- Range of up to 5,000 ft. This is line of site range meaning environmental factors may cut down on this range.
- Powered by 1 x 9V alkaline battery (not included).
- Outdoor rated
- Passive infrared sensor
- Mounting screws and mounting swivel bracket included
- One year manufacturer’s warranty
The sensor is not a standalone product and must be used with a compatible Dakota Alert receiver. For more information on these receivers, please click the links above for the DCR-4000 and the RE-4K PLUS. Both of these receivers are indoor rates and may be placed up to 5,000 ft. from this transmitter. Multiple transmitters/sensors may be paired with receivers and each transmitter may have one of 12 available tunes or melodies chosen on the receiver.
The RE-4K PLUS receiver features 12V DC outputs and C-Form relays.
Dakota Alert Receiver Sounds
Dakota Alert 4000 Series
|Kit Or Accessory|
Very easy to install and has better Alarm than the old one. Very pleased and would highly recommend it.
I have a very large brownstone and didn’t want to rewire my house so I went with the wireless doorbell. Thank you
We live up a hill surrounded by many trees. I am so impressed that this sits at the end of our long drive and still reaches into our home! GREAT PRODUCT!
Recommend for every warehouse. Works as described.
Great service. Alarm that doesn't give false alarms.