DCMT-4000 Dakota Alert Driveway Alarm Sensor Only 1 Mile Range
The DCMT-4000 is the passive infrared sensor/transmitter (PIR) for use with the compatible 4000 series of products from Dakota Alerts
Low Flat Rate Domestic Shipping!
- Expedited & International Shipping
- Safe & Secure Checkout
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Contact Us
The DCMT-4000 is a Reliable Driveway Alarm Sensor that Detects When Cars Enter Your Property
Dakota Alert’s DCMT-4000 is a driveway alarm sensor with a range of up to 1 mile. This means when the DCMT-4000 is triggered; it will transmit a signal up to one mile away (5,000 ft.) to one of the two compatible 4,000 alert receivers, the DCR-4000 and the RE-4K Plus.
This state-of-the-art sensor is passive infrared, triggered when the combination of heat and movement is detected in the monitored zone. Users typically place the sensor on one side of the driveway so the invisible PIR beam shoots across the driveway so it can detect cars as they enter. The sensor is outdoor rated.
How the Sensor Works
The DCMT-4000 is a passive infrared sensor/transmitter compatible with the DCR-4000 & the RE-4K Plus Dakota Alert receiver. The sensor shoots out a narrow beam across a driveway. When a car or person passes through the monitored zone, it immediately sends a wireless signal up to 5,000 ft. away to a compatible receiver.
Jumper pins inside the transmitter/sensor allow you to change different settings on the sensor according to your needs.
- Sensitivity (or range) of the sensor according to your needs. For example, the low setting will create a detection zone up to 25 ft. across. A high-range setting will create a detection zone of 100 ft. across.
- Turn the LED on or off. When the sensor is transmitting, you can determine whether you want an LED to show.
- Filter on or off. If you are using the sensor outside, it is recommended to turn the filter “on” to filter out triggers from very small objects like falling leaves. Setting the filter to “off” makes it very sensitive and is recommended for indoor use.
- Reset changes the time between activation or triggers. It may be set to reset 10 seconds after the trigger or 120 seconds after the trigger. If you have a busy driveway or another area you monitor, you may want to use the 120-second trigger, so it does not go off as much.
Driveway Monitor Sensor Product Features:
- Low range-25 ft., Medium range – 50 ft., High range – 100ft.
- Range of up to 5,000 ft. This is a line-of-sight range meaning environmental factors may reduce this range.
- Powered by 1 x 9V alkaline battery (not included).
- Outdoor rated
- Passive infrared sensor
- Mounting screws and mounting swivel bracket included
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
The sensor is not standalone and must be used with a compatible Dakota Alert receiver. For more information on these receivers, please click the links above for the DCR-4000 and the RE-4K PLUS. Both receivers are indoor rates and may be placed up to 5,000 ft. from this transmitter. Multiple transmitters/sensors may be paired with receivers and each transmitter may have one of 12 available tunes or melodies chosen on the receiver.
|Dimensions||7.5 × 4.75 × 6.25 in|
Dakota Alert 4000 Series
|Kit Or Accessory||
Purchased the transmitter and 2 receivers 3 years ago, recently expanded our auto shop and purchased 3 more receivers, signal is very strong and can always here a customer walk in
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that your system is still working well after 3 years. We hope you'll continue to use it to hear visitors come in!
DCR-4000 Dakota Alert Desktop Chime Receiver for 4000 Series
Received my order in a timely manner, instructions and setup very easy and works as advertised. So far, so good very pleased with this product. Thanks
Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear that you're pleased with the DCPA-4K-PLUS Dakota Alert Driveway Alert System.
Really satisfied with. It works as it should but only one thing wrong it could use a longer cord from probe to the box about 100 foot cord. So you can hide the box.
These alarms always work when installed properly. We have been using them for 15 years and have not had many problems and then it is the battery is low.
Work super, everything they said it will do.
Bought this Dakota alarm to replace a 20+ year old Dakota alarm. Really like the choice of sounds and the long range of the detector. Do wish it had a simple on/off switch on the receiver. Definitely recommend Dakota alarms.
I installed this driveway alarm a few days ago and I must say that the installation went much easier than I had planned. The pairing of the transmitter to receiver was simple and seamless. High quality product, no more false alarms from animals, etc. I feel this is the best driveway alarm I have ever used and the range between transmitter and receiver is amazing.
We bought this for my mother is be able to hear in the bedroom along with the first one that we bought for the kitchen.
She loves it.
Finally, a driveway alarm that actually works! Has been very reliable. I like the flexibility to expand the system. Great customer service!