Visit our page, Wired Door Chime & Wireless Receiver Sounds, for a comprehensive list of our receiver sounds.
Wired Door Chime & Wireless Receiver Sounds Sound can have a big effect on how we feel, set the scene and convey a certain mood. Having several chimes allows you to express yourself in different ways. Chimes can be pleasant, charming, entertaining, interesting, whimsical, and even humorous. No matter what model you choose, you’re going to be hearing its chime fairly often – so having several sound options is a definite plus. You will certainly never be bored! Consider the emotional responses evoked by door chime sounds along with the functionality of doorbells, such as:
- Welcoming: Your doorbell is one of the first forms of greeting that your visitor or customer receives from you. Choose anything from Ding-Dong to Joy To The World and more.
- Setting the scene: Think of doorbell chimes as an extension of your personality and the ambiance or atmosphere of your home or business. Pick something cool or vintage that reflects you and your personality.
- Joking: There are many funny effects, like animal sounds, such as the Duck Quack.
- Celebrating: Choose something perfect for the holidays, birthdays, your anniversary, and more. Some units even feature the Wedding March and others include Take Me Out To The Ball Game.
- Useful and convenient: You may prefer purely functional and basic sounds such as Ding-Dong or very loud, like the trumpets in Reveille.
- Warning and security: No one sneaks up on you with a Dog Bark doorbell sound effect.
Select Doorbells and Sounds for Business or Home Use
Whichever brand or model of door chime you purchase at 1800doorbell, that chime can help set the tone for the interaction you will soon have with the customer or visitor that triggers it. Try a classic sound effect, or maybe an upbeat tune for the 4th of July or a scary Halloween door chime. (These options are all available on the iChime recordable doorbell.) Many of our models come complete with lots of sound options. You will have so many doorbell sound choices on some models that you might never even get around to listening to all the sounds. Sample a few door chimes from our list below. Your new model may offer 8 sounds, 13 sounds – or even an infinite number of completely custom sounds that you can record yourself. Let’s take a look at some of your engaging choices.
Top 10 Doorbell Sounds
Sounds are Free when you purchase the indicated doorbell Here’s a look at our Top 10 most awesome sounds – and the best of the rest. You can hear the individual sounds on the Top 10 list by clicking the sound’s name/link below. (Once you hear the tune, use your browser “back” button to come back to this page and continue reading.) OR check out all the doorbell sound options at the bottom of the page and see if you agree with our Top 10!
10) Ding and Ding Dong These are dramatically classic options that must be on any respectable Top 10 list! (These sound options, “ding” and “ding dong”, are included on every doorbell mentioned on this page. All of these doorbells have at least 3 sound choices – or more.)
9) Beethoven 5th Just a little higher on the amazing chime melody list is this classical theme familiar to everyone – even if you don’t know it by name! Da-da-da-da… (This sound is Included on doorbells with 13 sound options)
8) Jingle Bells and Auld Lang Syne Tied for the #8 position: Major seasonal sounds for Christmas and New Year’s celebration. Should old acquaintance be forgot… (Included on doorbells with 8 sound options)
7) Happy Birthday This is great to use if you’re hosting a birthday party! You’ll give a subtle hint when the birthday boy or girl enters the house – and make all the other guests smile as they arrive. (Included on doorbells with 13 sound options)
6) Star Spangled Banner Broad stripes and bright stars! O’ say can you see! Perfect for your 4th of July BBQ – or Memorial Day or Flag Day. (Included on doorbells with 6 sound options)
5) Dixie Old times there are not forgotten! You must have this choice on your list if you live anywhere in the South! Or if you were born or raised in the South. Or if you just like the South. A great combo between nostalgia and patriotism. (Included on doorbells with 8 sound options)
4) Bell then Dog Bark and I’ll Get It These are two useful sounds! They can provide a bit of security when unwanted visitors arrive! (Both are only available on the iCHIME recordable doorbell, which includes 50 options)
3) Take Me out to the Ballgame A vintage ode to America’s favorite sport. Don’t forget to “buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks!” The old saying goes “as American as baseball, hot dogs and apple pie,” but peanuts and cracker jacks are great too. If you’re a hockey or basketball fan, you will still get a kick out of this catchy tune! (Included on doorbells with 13 sound options)
2) The Yellow Rose of Texas Plays the very-recognizable notes of this old West classic. Good for Texans – and anyone nostalgic for yesteryear. Warning, people may dance on your doorstep to this one! (Included on doorbells with 13 sound options)
1) Fantasia This doorbell chime gives a magical-sounding welcome to your visitors. It sounds like a magic wand being waved. This doorbell sound made #1 on our list. What do you think? (Included on Safeguard Supply SS Series with 52 sound options, models SS110 and SS120.)
NOTES: The sounds listed above are available on all these brands: Carlon; Dimango; Lamson & Sessions; and Thomas & Betts unless otherwise labeled in the description. Need more information? Ask us anything! Contact the experts at 1800Doorbell today!
7 Excellent Doorbells that Include Free Doorbell Sounds
A sampling of the most popular door chime products from Dimango, Carlon (Thomas and Betts) brand doorbells from 1800DoorBell.com:
7) Wireless Door Chime Kit by Carlon – (with 13 sound options) – Model RC3250 $34.98 on sale
- Plug-in receiver (speaker) delivers full quality sound and volume control
- Operating range of up to 150 feet (transmitter to receiver)
- Set the sound option at the transmitter
- 32 codes for privacy, prevents interference from neighboring doorbells
- Includes push button. (batteries already installed)
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
- Sound options include Happy Birthday and Beethovens 5th and 11 more!
6) Economy Wireless Add-On Plug-In Door Chime – (13 sound effects) – Model RC4300 $19.98.98 on sale
- Budget-priced, quality doorbell
- Compact, sleek design
- 6 door chime sound options
- 150 ft. range
- Plugs into a standard electrical outlet
- Extra speakers available
- 2-year limited warranty
- Sound options include Star-Spangled Banner and Hail Hail the Gangs All Here and 4 more!
5) Simple Two Sound Door Chime with Push Button – (13 chime options) – Model RC3250 $34.98 on sale
- Economy, affordable and easy on your budget, battery-powered door chime
- 2 unique sounds (front and back door)
- 75 ft. range
- 32 codes blocking interference
- Uses 3-AAA alkaline batteries (not included)
- Sound options: Ding and Ding Dong
4) Battery Chime with Faux Brass Tubes – (3 sound options) – Model RC3306F $48.98 on sale
- Wireless and battery-powered
- Excellent sound quality (sounds as good as a hardwired system)
- 4-inch speaker
- 32 changeable codes prevent interference
- 3 selectable sounds
- Select the sound option at the push button
- 150 ft. range
- 5-year warranty
- Sound options: Ding, Ding Dong, and Westminster Chime
3) SS120 Touch Push Button Door Chime Kit – (52 doorbell options) -Model SS120 $16.98 sale price
- Decorating options – choose from 6 different finishes/colors
- Longer 450 ft. range
- 6 tunes you can assign to a particular door
- Add with up to 5 push buttons, for a total of 6 buttons
- Excellent sound
- Versatile, mount receiver/speaker vertically or horizontally
- Push-button uses RC2032 battery (included) and
- Speaker uses4 x C-size batteries (not included)
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Sound options include Warm Brass and St. Clements and 6 more!
2) SS110 by Safeguard Supply – (52 sound options) – $24.98 As the awesome runner-up and #2 in our super doorbell list, the GE 8-chime is in a class by itself. This simple-to-install unit comes with 2 buttons for 2 separate doors. You have the option to add up to 2 more buttons (doorbell transmitters). Hear the GE 8-chime sound options here.
- Assign different chime sounds to different doors – know exactly which door to answer
- Transmission range from button to receiver (speaker) up to 150 ft.
- Use up to 4 wireless push buttons
- Door chime speaker (receiver) takes 3 x C-size alkaline batteries (not included)
- Wireless button (transmitters) use 1 x CR2032 batteries (included)
- One-year warranty
- Manufactured by JASCO under a license from GE
- Sound options include Knock Knock Knock, Good Vibes and Mozart, and 5 more! Hear the GE 8-chime sound options here.
1) The iChime Doorbell – Your Personalized Doorbell Library Whatever Sound or Tune You Want, The iChime Recordable Chime Can Play It! Model ICHIME $87.25 The chime doorbell is a programmable device – you can record anything you like with the built-in microphone. Record your voice from a CD or mp3 music file. This doorbell offers the ultimate in customization. You can let your creativity go wild with the iChime. You are free to create your own “library” of door chime sounds – or choose from the many built-in doorbell sound choices. That’s right, this personalizable doorbell also comes stocked with sounds: With creativity and convenience, you get the best of both worlds with the iChime. That’s why it’s #1 on our list! About the iCHIME sounds: This doorbell includes a huge library of cool doorbell sounds. Just take a look at this list of categories:
- Halloween sounds (9 options including Wolf Howl)
- Fun sounds (Amaze your friends with farm animal doorbell sounds like Duck Quack and Horse Whinny. These could also be fun if there’s a toddler in the house learning the animal sounds. 13 total options in this category – also includes I’ll Get It and Bell then Dog Bark which helps to deter unwelcome visitors.)
- Favorites (6 options including Reveille, The Marine Hymn, and La Cucaracha)
- Special occasion chimes (like the Wedding March and Valentine’s Song, 7 options)
- And many more doorbell sounds all included FREE with doorbell purchase.
iChime features include:
- 50 sound options! Hear the iChime doorbell sound options at the bottom of this page! (scroll down to the huge iChime list)
- Record and store up to 6 user recordings! OR
- Play any single built-in doorbell sound OR set it to play twice per button-push for a longer doorbell sound OR
- Enjoy variety: the iChime can cycle between all built-in sounds within a category. This is a great party option for Halloween – or whenever you want some variety.
- Replaces any wired door chime instantly
- Easy set-up instructions for a true DIY doorbell installation
- Quality-built large speaker delivers full, rich sound
- Mount horizontally OR vertically for your decorative needs
- Versatile 4-level volume control
- Requires: 4 AA alkaline batteries
- No software necessary
- NOTE: This is not a wireless doorbell
Listen for Yourself: Doorbell Library of Sounds
Listen before you buy! Preview the sounds of the wireless plug-in, battery-operated and hard-wired doorbells available at 1800Doorbell.com below. The door chime sounds are FREE and pre-installed in the door chime products. If you have a question or need assistance choosing the perfect doorbell for your needs – just contact 1800Doorbell online or call us at 1-800-366-7235! To hear the Carlon, Dimango, Lamson & Sessions, and Thomas & Betts doorbell sounds, click each melody’s name below. We suggest opening each link in a new tab. Be sure to browse our selection of wireless battery-operated doorbells when you’re done!
Doorbell Sounds for Holidays & Events
When a holiday or big event is approaching, why not celebrate uniquely? Custom doorbells can put a smile on your face every time you–or a visitor–enters your home. Since most people ignore this little detail, family, friends, or party guests will enjoy the surprise of a custom doorbell tune. Imagine your guests arriving at your door festively greeted by a Christmas doorbell. Before you even answer the door, your visitors are welcomed in a creative manner that is just right for the season.
Many Doorbells to Choose from — and a DIY Option
Even if you’re not planning a big party, you can still celebrate the season in a special way that is all your own by using the ringtones available in your wired or wireless doorbell. You can find quality doorbells from the best brands at 1800Doorbell. These doorbells offer you choices of different doorbell tones, tunes, and songs to use as the mood strikes you. You can choose a doorbell with 3 sound choices or one with 13 ringtones or even one with 50 different tones. If you like do-it-yourself projects and have a bit of electrical knowledge, we’ve included information on how to customize any wireless doorbell to play your mp3s. Let your creativity go wild!
Custom Doorbell Sounds Celebrate Every Special Occasion
Custom doorbell sounds can help set up the perfect environment for your celebration. You are certain to get compliments from guests (and your neighbors perhaps) on the doorbell that merrily and cheerfully greeted them on arrival. The surprise birthday party that you throw for your son or daughter will be even better when guests hear the “Happy Birthday” song upon arrival. Your doorbell will be a pleasant surprise to every guest, causing them to enter your home with a smile! Here are some of the special days you can celebrate with a tailor-made doorbell:
- The Night Before Christmas/ Christmas Eve
- New Year’s Day
- New Year’s Eve
- 4th of July
- Veteran’s Day
- Memorial Day
To enjoy door chimes that perfectly fit the above events, choose a unit with 13 ringtone options like this Carlon Wireless Door Chime Kit. Here are some of the occasions where you can use an MP3 doorbell song:
- Create your holiday! You can record your greetings with the iChime recordable doorbell!
How to Get Custom Door Chimes
If you are handy at DIY jobs with electronics or have electrical training, you can add songs to your current wireless doorbell. If you are not comfortable with (or don’t have time for) the do-it-yourself project–never fear! You can purchase both types of doorbells with pre-recorded door chimes and tunes at 1800Doorbell.com. You can choose from a variety of doorbells with, for instance, 3 different chimes to choose from, one with 52 doorbell sound choices or 13 choices. You can get the ultimate doorbell with 50 all-occasion and seasonal doorbell sounds and an option to record your doorbell music, sound, or message! The DIY Method The DIY method to add sounds to your current doorbell involves removing the speaker from your existing doorbell and replacing it with a new recording module that contains a speaker. The speaker in the recording module may not be capable of emitting a loud enough sound to be practical in your home, so you might have to replace the speaker on the module, too. The 9V recording module can be purchased online at RadioShack.com. To learn how to replace a wireless doorbell speaker with the new recording module, follow the tips in this excellent article about converting a doorbell to play mp3 ringtones. Watch the video below for a basic overview of the project.
The process may be a bit complex or time-consuming for some people. Take a look and see if you’d like to do your doorbell customization project–or save time by purchasing a hardwired or wireless doorbell at 1800Doorbell. You can get the sounds you want, with lots of ringtone options, without all the DIY work.
Doorbell Sound Quality
The receivers (speakers) that broadcast the doorbell sound inside your home DO make a difference. You might want to get a new (wireless or wired) doorbell for your home–just to get better sound quality. 1800Doorbell sells doorbell receivers from major doorbell manufacturers with excellent sound and convenience features. You can also purchase extra doorbell receivers (speakers) to extend the range and ensure that your doorbell is heard throughout your home–they are of excellent quality and inexpensive as well. With a wireless doorbell, all you need to do is plug in the receiver(s) to an electrical outlet in your home. 1800Doorbell also offers a portable doorbell receiver so that you won’t miss a visitor when you are in your backyard or garage. Just take the portable with you!
Doorbell Tunes to Greet Your Guests
A custom doorbell can help you set the mood for many special occasions, beyond holidays and birthdays. You will be amazed at the choices of pre-recorded tunes you will find on many doorbells. Here are just some of the occasions you can spice up with a custom doorbell greeting: Use festive doorbell tunes that are perfect for your: Special greeting to all visitors this season! Even if you’re not having a party, your home will still be one of the most festive on the block!
- Christmas party: “Jingle Bells” and “Joy to the World,” found on our decorative jewel box wireless doorbell design and many other Carlon models that offer 13 sound choices.
- New Year’s party: “Auld Lang Syne” on Carlon models with 8 ringtones and more.
- 4th of July: “Star-Spangled Banner” found on doorbells with 6 sound choices.
- Veteran’s Day: “Yankee Doodle”, “The Marine Hymn”, “Reveille”, “Dixie”, “Call to the Post”, and more! These are available on the wired, programmable iChime doorbell and “Dixie” is avail. on Carlon doorbells with 8 chimes or more.
- Halloween: “Sneaky Organ Music”. “Butler Answers Door”, “Wolf Howl”, “Scream (with Music)”, “Sinister Laugh (& Music)”, “Thunder”, “Witch, “Come in”, “Woman Screaming” and more. These are available on the wired, programmable iChime doorbell (the iChime is no longer available).
Doorbell Ringtones for Non-Holiday Special Occasions
Use “Happy Birthday” for:
- Your birthday (It’s like throwing a mini-party for yourself all day!)
- Your family member’s birthday (surprise your mom, dad, husband, or wife with this cheerful surprise on their special day. It’s the gift that keeps on giving all day because even the UPS guy will know there’s someone to congratulate in your house.)
- Your friend’s birthday (This doorbell tune is like dedicating a song to your friend every time a new guest arrives at the party you’re throwing in their honor.)
- Available on Carlon doorbells with 13 ringtones like this hand-painted scroll design decorative doorbell.
Use “The Yellow Rose of Texas” for:
- For your next BBQ party
- When a relative stays with you for vacation–if it happens to be a favorite song of theirs
- For a romantic date. Surprise him or her upon arrival at your home. Your thoughtfulness and planning will be appreciated!
- Available on Carlon doorbells with 13 ringtones like this decorative hand-carved scroll design
Another option is the Honeywell model which offers interchangeable holiday doorbell sound cards for several different themes. This unit is wireless and battery-powered. Visit our doorbell sound sampler page to see which sounds are available on various wireless models. You can listen to each doorbell song or sound effect from this page, too. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see/hear the entire list.
The Ultimate Doorbell
The iChime programmable doorbell is a hard-wired doorbell for your home or business that allows the ultimate versatility. Let your creative juices flow or set just the mood you want at your entryway. The iChime hard-wired doorbell is recordable–or you can choose any of the 50 pre-recorded sounds included. Create an original doorbell sound unique to you and your home that no one else could have. Show your personality, sense of humor, or musical talent with a recordable doorbell. The iChime offers a few more ringtone options and options for special occasions including: “The Valentine’s Song” for:
- Valentine’s Day
“Here Comes the Bride” also called “Wedding March” for your:
- Wedding party
- Rehearsal dinner
- Bridal shower
- Bachelor party (Trust us guys, you’ll get a great reaction when your buddies pick you up for a night on the town the night before your wedding!)
“Happy Anniversary” for:
- Anniversary party: Golden, Silver, First–or whichever anniversary you like–can be even more special with the right sound!
“Yankee Doodle”, “Reveille”, “Dixie”, “Call to the Post” and more Military Patriotic tunes for:
- Veteran’s Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Welcome Home party for your favorite military man or woman!
Which Doorbell Is Best for You?
As you can see, the choice of sounds you can enjoy for FREE with any doorbell you choose is huge! If you want a traditional doorbell with door chime notes, like Ding Dong, choose a doorbell with 3 sound choices. Or you can get a bit more variety with an 8-tune doorbell or a 13-song model, which includes some festive ringtones. Or get the ultimate in choice with 50 doorbell sound effects included plus the option to record your own with the iChime programmable doorbell.