The BALERT entrance alert kit has been around for as long as I can remember. It’s a very popular product because it’s simple, but an effective way to monitor a door or hallway. In many cases, customers who really liked the functionality of the BALERT didn’t purchase the product because it was wired…from the emitter box to the speaker.
Now, we have a wireless version of the BALERT, which is the BALERT-W (“W” for wireless). You get the same reliability of the photo beam reflector based product with the added benefit of a wireless transmission from the emitter to the speaker.
Here’s how it works:
The kit comes with three (3) main components: a sensor that emits an invisible beam to a reflector, a reflector, and a wireless speaker. To understand how the product works we will use a common doorway as the area we want to monitor. On one side of the door we will mount the wireless sensor (plugs into a standard wall outlet) and on the other side of the door we will mount the reflector. The sensor will send an invisible beam to the reflector. As long as that beam is reflected back to the sensor the system is silent. When that beam is broken, which means the beam is not reflected back to the sensor, the sensor is triggered and it then sends a wireless signal to the speaker (speaker plugs into a standard wall outlet).
Here’s what’s in the BALERT-W Kit:
- Waterproof reflective sensor (transmitter)
- Wireless Speaker
- Two power adapters (one for sensor, one for speaker)
- Three mounting brackets
- Optional Wall Mount Bracket is available for separate purchase
- Max distance from sensor to reflector is 22 ft.
- Wireless range, from sensor to speaker is “up to” 328 ft. (100 m). Please note, this is a line of sight range. Building materials will interfere and possibly reduce the range
- Speaker and sensor are powered by included plug in transformers
- Adjustable volume on speaker up to 90 dB
- Sensor and reflector are outdoor rated 32 F – 122 F
- Sensor can pair with an unlimited number of speakers
- Speaker can pair with up to 5 sensors
- Speaker will make a chime or ALARM sound
- Alarm output duration is 3-30 seconds