Wired Entrance Alert Chime Using Reflector Beams. No Batteries Needed.
Simple in design but effective, the BALERT is an alert system that works when someone, or something, breaks the beam between a reflector and sensor. Don’t want to worry about changing batteries or hard wiring a complicated system? Connect the pieces of this photoelectric entry alert system together and plug it in. Never miss another visitor again.
- Additional information
Do you need to know when an entry way, unauthorized areas, or exit is used?
Entrance Alert Chimes have many different uses, such as home security, entrance notification, and motion detection. With a good entry alarm, you can easily monitor your business’ front door so you know when a customer enters with a pleasant and professional chime, or use as a motion detector alarm to warn of intrusion and deter theft.
How the product works:
The kit is comprised of three main pieces, 1 x a reflector, 1 x a sensor, and 1 x a speaker/chime. The reflector and sensor are mounted on opposite ends of the entrance you would like to monitor. When the invisible beam between the reflector and sensor is broken, the sensor sends a signal to the wired chime (connected to the sensor) and a “ding-dong” or alarm sound is emitted. All components wire to each other, eliminating any need for hard-wiring.
Add-on counter and add-on speaker available:
There are also add-on accessories available with the BALERT. Users can connect an electronic counter (connects to plug on speaker) that will count sensor triggers. Optionally, another speaker can be daisy-chained to the supplies speaker, extending the listening range of the product. If the distance between the speakers exceeds 33 feet, an additional power adaptor is needed. If an add-on speaker and add-on counter are being used, an additional power supply is also needed.
The technology used in the Seco-Larm BALERT product has been around for decades and it is still relevant today because the simplicity makes for an easy setup. It’s reliable, relevant, and competitively priced.
Check our full selection and find the alert that best meets your personal needs. Don’t miss our special discount pricing!
Example installation areas:
- Garage doors
- Store entrances
- Sensitive areas
- Office and schools
- 1 x E-931C22SC transmitter/receiver
- 1 x E-931ACC-R1Q reflector
- 1 x E-931ACC-SQ speaker
- 1 x E-931ACC-BLS4Q sensor bracket
- 1 x E-931ACC-BLR1Q reflector bracket
- 1 x power adapter
- Optional add-ons (not included):
- E-931ACC-SQ Speaker/Electronic Chime (with 32ft wire)
- E-931ACC-CQ Digital Counter (with 32ft wire)
- E-931ACC-RC Round Reflector 80 x 80 mm
- E-931ACC-HRQ Reflector Hood for Round/Square Reflectors
- Sensor is a photoelectric sensor that must be used with a reflector
- Max distance between sensor and reflector is 22 feet
- Speaker has volume control knob that adjusts to 0-90 dB max @ 1 meter.
- Two sound modes, chime mode (ding-dong) and alarm mode
- In alarm mode, sound duration may be set from 3 to 30 seconds
- This product is wired from sensor/transmitter to speaker but uses its own wiring. No additional hardwiring is needed
- Kit is powered by supplied power adapter
- Add-on accessories are available such as a speaker, counter, etc.
- External chime output pin size is 3.5mm TRS
- All mounting brackets are included
- Manufactured by Seco-Larm
- One year manufacturer’s warranty
|Kit Or Accessory|
External Speaker Output
Sound at Entry
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Product arrived quickly and was a fairly easy installation. Works great so far.
One thing I'd like to add is to have the ability to cant the reflector to allow for a diagonal beam.
Otherwise I would recommend this product and order it again.
Every thing was a great experience..thank you
Our store (in a shopping mall) had a little battery powered motion sensor that would be set off by people walking up the steps 20 feet away. It was a constant annoyance that would as often as not go off when nobody was there, but be silent when people walked in.
The BALERT Photo Beam Reflector Kit was easy to install - I skipped the mounting plates (tile walls) and used velcro adhesive strips, set it up in under 5 minutes, and it works perfectly!
My only regret - not getting the add-on speaker to run a line to the back room. But we're adding that ASAP!
It was exactly what we were looking for! Easy to install and works great!
The Entry Detector works great. We needed a entry detector to help keep our cats and dog out of one room. This entry detector work perfectly for us. We tried a cheaper brand from Amazon. I ignored some of the negative review and the warnings in their review. That device worked OK, not great, sometimes didn't pick up the cats. It died after 60 days. This Entry Alarm is much simpler and easier to install. The cable is a way to long for our use, but would like it too long than not long enough.