LRA-EX1000S Doorbell Extender that Helps Hear the Wired Doorbell In Your Home
Can’t hear the doorbell in certain parts of the house? Missing visits or deliveries when you’re in the basement or back bedroom? A doorbell extender allows you to add wireless chimes throughout your home that chime when your regular doorbell rings. Connect a tiny transmitter to your hard wired doorbell, choose a chime from 18 selectable songs and plug in as many chime receivers as you need. Quick and simple set up has this genius product up and running in minutes.
- Additional information
Our customers have asked for a doorbell extender kit with flashing strobe, so we delivered.
The LRA-EX1000S Doorbell Extender with Plugin Receiver & Strobe Light
The LRA-EX1000S is a Plugin Chime Kit to Extend Wired Doorbell Sound Through Your Home. Do you have trouble hearing the wired doorbell in your home? Do you have areas in your home where you can’t hear your doorbell, such as the basement or an upstairs bedroom? A doorbell extender will do the trick.
This doorbell extender kit features a wireless doorbell transmitter that easily wires into your existing wired doorbell, and a plugin receiver. Simply connect the transmitter to your wired doorbell (following the included instructions), plug in the flashing strobe receiver, pair the units together, and now you have effectively increased the sound of your current wired doorbell. Now, when a visitor pushes the wired doorbell push button outside your home, your wired doorbell will work as normal. Simultaneously, the wireless transmitter that was wired into the doorbell (located inside your home) will send a wireless radio signal to the plug-in receiver. Depending on the operating mode the receiver is set to, it will flash the strobe, play a melody, or both.
The LRA-EX1000S doorbell extender kit ships with one plugin receiver, but it is easy to add receivers in other rooms. The LRA-DCRXS is the plug-in receiver that ships with this kit and is available to purchase separately as an add-on unit to expand it to other rooms. For example, you might plug-in a receiver into your living room, and also purchase add-ons to put a receiver in the kitchen , upstairs bedroom, basement, garage, etc. Not only is the LRA-DCRXS available, there are a series of other transmitters (motion sensor, door contacts, push buttons, etc.) and two other receivers like the LRA-DCRX Multi-Zone Receiver and the LRA-VPRX Portable Receiver that are all compatible with one another.
The transmitter included in this kit wires into the existing wired doorbell in your home. It is compatible with wired chimes that play a “ding” or “ding-dong” sound and is NOT compatible with video doorbells and intercom systems. The transmitter is easy to install using the included instructions. The transmitter works with up to two doors. For example, your existing wired doorbell may play “ding-dong” for the front door and “dong” for the back door. The transmitter extender may be setup to play one melody when the front door button is pressed, and a different melody when the back doorbell push button is pressed. If your existing wired doorbell is only wired for the front door, that’s okay as well.
Can’t Hear Your Doorbell? The LRA EX1000S Doorbell Extender Plugin Chime Kit to Extend Wired Doorbell Sound Through Your Home
These are long range products that ensure they work in most environments. Many people have negative experiences with wireless doorbell products, and that’s because the wireless range (from transmitter to receivers) for products purchased at hardware stores, tends to be 150 ft. max. These are line of sight numbers and any building materials such as walls, doors, etc. will reduce the transmission range. For example, a brick wall will reduce the wireless signal by 60%-70%, and each interior wall will reduce the signal by another 30%-40%. Doing the math, you can easily see why our LRA products, with a 1,000 ft. range, have a dramatic improvement over a wireless product with a 150 ft. range.
- Kit ships with 1 x LRA-DCRXS Plugin Chime Receiver & 1 x LRA-EXTX Doorbell Extender Transmitter.
- There is no limit to the number of LRA series receivers (LRA-DCRXS, LRA-DCRX, LRA-VPRX) each transmitter may be paired with. For example, the LRA-EXTX extender may be paired with 5 different plug-in receivers you have placed throughout your home.
- The wireless range from the transmitter to the receiver is up to 1,000 ft. line-of-sight. Environmental and building materials will reduce the wireless range.
- Receiver dimensions: 4-3/4” H x 2-1/2”W x 1-1/4”D (the depth does not include prongs that go into outlet).
- Receiver plugs into a standard wall outlet.
- Three operating modes; 1) bright strobe only, 2) sound only, and 3) strobe and sound.
- Receiver has 18 melodies to choose from. Depending on the chosen melody, sound output is between 80 dB – 95 dB.
- Receiver is capable of pairing with two different transmitters. LRA-EXTX transmitter counts as one transmitter if using one door only operation or two transmitters if front and back door operation is used on the transmitter.
- When receiver is set to strobe mode, the strobe will flash for approximately 13 seconds. The strobes are bright LED bulbs.
- Unit is UL listed.
- One year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Manufactured by Safeguard Supply.
- Transmitter dimensions: 2-1/4” L x 2-1/4” W x 1/2” D (wires to connect to wired doorbell are approximately 9” each).
- Transmitter wires into existing wired doorbell (usually handing in foyer of home).
- Only works with standard wired doorbells that play traditional ding-dong type sound.
- Includes connections for front and back door. One melody for front door and one melody for back door.
- Powered by extremely long lasting lithium battery (CR123A) that should last for many, many years without changing.
- Typically, the transmitter is mounted on wall slightly above wired doorbell cabinet. In some cases, you may be able to hide transmitter inside doorbell cabinet.
Hear the LRA-DCRXS Melodies
Safeguard Supply – LRA Series
Large Homes – Medium Sized Business
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Your extender did a great job in partnership with my SimpliSafe doorbell video cam. It is powered by a transformer and therefore compatible with your system. It’s doing a great job. Thank you
Solved the problem of not hearing the door bell when on another floor. Works great & highly recommend.
I purchased the extension doorbell for my father's house. They sit in the garage and back deck much of the summer where they could not hear a doorbell if anyone came to the front door. Using LRA-1000S and then the extra receiver, I was able to install the extender easily and now when the front doorbell rings, it also rings in the garage and on the deck. I am very pleased with the purchase and got exactly what I was expecting. My stepmother even liked the different chimes and selected one that was appealing to her. 100% positive here! Thank you.
This device was very simple to install in just a few minutes. Works exactly as described. Now we can hear the doorbell in our bedroom! Very happy with this and would recommend if you need to hear your doorbell where you can’t hear it now.
Doorbell flasher works great. Two flasher are used for two levels in the house. It was necessary to add 1/4" plywood behind the transmitter to match the base thickness of the doorbell.