Changing the Melody On the LRA-DCRXS
The LRA-D1000S is a wireless door chime kit by Safeguard Supply that features 1 x wireless push button (transmitter) and 1 x plugin door chime receiver. This kit ships with the push button programmed to the receiver, with the receiver playing the basic “ding-dong” melody when triggered by the push button.
The receiver featured in this kit is the LRA-DCRXS and works with up to 2 x transmitters. These transmitters can be push buttons, motion sensors, door contacts, or a door chime extender. Most users choose a distinct melody for each transmitter paired with the receiver in order to distinguish which transmitter triggered the receiver.
For example, you may have a wireless push button located outside on the front door. When a visitor pushes that button, this receiver (and others you may have added) will play the basic “ding-dong” sound. You may have a back patio door push button with a different melody programmed. By hearing the melody played, you are able to determine which door the visitor is at.
Step by Step on Changing the Melody on the LRA-DCRXS Plugin in Receiver
- Press and hold the mode button (solid black dot on side of receiver) for approximately three seconds.
- When the unit enters programming mode, release the button. You can see when the unit is in programming mode when a red led appears in the strobe light lens.
- Press the musical note to scroll through the available sounds.
- One you hear the sound you want, press the push button on the transmitter already paired to that zone.
- Exit programming mode by pressing the solid black dot until the red light goes away.
- Watch the video below.