Dakota Alert BBT-4000 Solar Powered Break Beam Sensor/Transmitter Pair
Rather than relying on motion and heat, the Dakota Alert SBB-4000 Solar Powered Break Beam Sensors are triggered when an object breaks the beam between two or more break beam sensor. These solar powered sensors (will hold a charge for up to 1-month), are outdoor rated and work great as driveway monitor sensors, entrance alerts, and even perimeter security devices.
Low Flat Rate Domestic Shipping!
- Expedited & International Shipping (for most products)
- Safe & Secure Checkout
- 30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Call or Email for Support
Solar Powered Break Beam Sensors with 1-Month Standby Time on Recharge Batteries!
Used in conjunction with the DCR-4000, the RE-4K PLUS receiver by Dakota Alert, or the PR-4000 Portable Receiver, the SBB-4000 Break Beam Sensors are Solar Powered Break Beam Sensors that will enhance your security by providing you with a larger monitored area to fit your needs.
Not to say that the two standard sensors that come with the break beam system are not good enough, they are. Right out of the box the system can do anything you want and more. These solar-powered break beam sensors are wireless, which means installation can be done in mere minutes as no electrical wiring needs to be done. The sensors are powered by a lithium-ion battery that will recharge in the sun and will hold a charge for up to 1-month. Want to use them indoors? That's okay too. The sensor feature a charging port for USB micro charging.
The sensors may be set at a maximum distance of 300 feet apart and used with up to 14 other sensors (for a total of 16). When both beams between the sensors are broken, the sensors will send a wireless signal up to 5000 feet away to the DCR-4000 receiver or other Dakota Alert 4,000 series receiver.
Most entrance chimes available on the market today use one PIR beam per sensor to detect motion or movement. These sensors (SBB-4000) are called "break beam" sensors. Beams are sent between a set of sensors and when something passes between them, an alarm is triggered (only when both beams are "broken.") This eliminates false alarms sometimes created by falling objects like leaves, for example. However, small animals may break both beams and it is therefore recommended sensors in a set be mounted off the ground, at least 3-4 feet high.
SBB-4000 Feature Highlights
- Up to 16 sensors/transmitters may be paired to any Dakota Alert 4000 series receiver.
- Easy set up and programming.
- Large solar panels make powering work in areas that don't receive constant sunlight.
- Included rechargeable batteries power units up to 1-month on full charge.
- Micro USB port available to charge manually for indoor use.
- Alert notice is triggered if beams are continuously uninterrupted. For example, if something continuously breaks the beam between the two sensors an alert will be sent every 5 or 20 seconds (duration is set on sensors).
- Break beams prevent false alarms as they are only triggered when the beams between the sensors are broken or interrupted.
- Included, industrial hardware included for sensor mounting. May be mounted on a flat surface, pole, or pipe, or mounting using the "c" bracket on back of the units.
What's Included with the SSB-4000 Beam Sensors?
- 2 x SSB-4000 break beam sensor pair (A & B sensor).
- Mounting screws, nuts, washers
- Metal pipe mounts
- Pipe mount rubber adaptors
- "C" mounting brackets
- User guide
What You'll Need
- A compatible Dakota Alert 4000 series receiver
- Phillips head screwdriver and 7mm or adjustable wrench for mounting
- USB micro charger (not mandatory)
|Dimensions||14.5 × 13 × 4 in|
Dakota Alert 4000 Series
|Kit Or Accessory||