Product Model Number Change: please note, the manufacturer has changed the model number of this product from SL-6144 to SL-7744. You will receive the SL-7744.
The product functions exactly the same. The only difference is they receiver on the SL-744 is a slightly off-white color.
Are you struggling to hear your doorbell? If so, the SL-6144-WH by Heath Zenith is a wireless door chime that features one wireless doorbell transmitter and one plug-in receiver.
This is a great product for the elderly, hard of hearing, or in a loud environment where you struggle to hear chimes or other notifications. When a guest presses the wireless push button mounted outside, the bright flashing strobe light of the SL-6144-WH grabs your attention immediately. If you miss the flashing the first time, don’t worry, it flashes again. A quality flashing doorbell for the hearing impaired is a problem solver.
When someone presses the door chime push button, the transmitter sends a wireless signal to the plug-in receiver. The receiver plays one of two tunes and sets off the strobe with a respective number of flashes to match the tune:
- 8-note Westminster Chime (default) – if triggered, the chime flashes 8 times, plays the 8 notes, then flashes 8 more times
- Ding Dong – will flash twice, play two-note sound, flash twice again
Each package includes:
- 1 door chime receiver (plugs into a regular wall outlet)
- 1 wireless push button (powered by an included A23 12-volt battery)
- 1 hardware pack to make setup easy
Both the push button and receiver are manufactured in a fade-resistant, white ABS plastic. The push button may be mounted outdoors and is weather resistant. The receiver must be plugged indoors and is not outdoor rated.
You can purchase additional sets of this kit and have them work together or separately depending on how you adjust the privacy codes. For example, you can put one push button on the front door and one on the back door. Plug one recevier into the kitchen and one into the master bedroom. When someone activates the front door button both receivers will activate and play the same tune. When someone activates the back door push button both receivers will play and strobe.
Just as you can pair these units together you can also make them work separately. This is easy using the adjustable privacy codes.
- Two different sound options: 8-note Westminster Chime or Ding-Dong. This allows you to set one push button at the front door and one at the back door and determine which push buttion is originating the tune.
- 128 codes prevent external interference from nearby devices and allow you to expand this system. If you are a landlord or apartment owner, this is a great feature to have, as it enables you to use many of these kits and not have neighboring chimes set off other chimes.
- Range: 100 feet (transmitter to receiver)
- Push button powered by 12V battery (included)
- Receiver plugs into a standard wall outlet
- UL listed and FCC certified
- One year manufacturer’s warranty
- Easy-to-adjust volume control
- RF frequency: 315 MHz
- 75 dB max