Skylink SK-10 Motion Activated Lighting Kit Lighting Control
Imagine a light that instantly turns on when motion is detected. This inexpensive lighting starter kit by Skylink Technologies does just that. This kit features everything you need to get start AND allows you to easily expand it to meet your needs.
- Additional information
Home and lighting automation does not have to be something expensive or exclusive to the rich and famous. Today’s technological advances have allowed home and business owners all over the world to install lighting control products only dreamed of a decade ago. Best of all, the products are do-it-yourself and easy to install.
When Motion is Detected, Lights Turn On!
Stop walking down those dark basement steps or stumbling to find the attic lighting with this motion activated light kit by Skylink. Simply mount the included motion sensor in the room, and plug your lamp into the receiver, and within moments you have home automated lighting up and running!
But increasing safety (by automatically lighting dark areas) is not the only thing this handy product kit can do. You can also use it as an inexpensive security device by setting the receiver to flash a lamp when motion is detected. This is a great feature for the hearing impaired. Simply place the sensor on the front porch and when a visitor arrives, a lamp plugged into the receiver will flash, alerting you to the visitor.
This device will also save you money by setting it to “countdown timer mode” which will automatically turn the attached lamp OFF after a set period of time after the sensor has activated it.
This is a great starter kit that may be expanding by adding additional sensors, transmitters and remote control devices.
Below are the basic features of the kit and associated components. For detailed features and instructions of each of the components, please reference the attached PDF product manuals.
- When motion is detected, light attached to receiver will turn on. May also set to flash, or timer mode to turn lights back off after “x” amount of time
- Works with incandescent and CFL bulbs, up to 300W load
- Range from motion sensor to receiver is up to 500 feet
- Included in kit: 1 x motion activated sensor (ID-318) and 1 x plug-in light controller (PL-318)
- Motion sensor ships with ball joint (bracket for mounting) and mounting accessories, and is powered by a 9V battery (not included)
- Plug-in receiver plugs into a standard wall outlet, and you plug your lamp into the receiver
- Motion sensor features a variety of settings to adjust sensitivity and how it adjusts the attached lights
- Very easy to install
- Manufactured by Skylink
- UL/cUL certified