Wireless Door/Window Entry Alarm Kit
The RC3260 (aka RC8360) is an indoor rated window/door alarm, entrance alert for closed doors and windows. Get instant notification by chime sound when a window or door is opened. Great to monitor screen door to pool, basement, or other concern area.
Accessories & Addons:
- Additional information
- Reviews (9)
When you need an instant and immediate alert when a door or window is opened, the RC3260 by Carlon is a great product to choose.
- Instant alert when door or gate to pool is opened
- Hear chime sound when closet door is opened
- Monitor when any door or window is opened
Here’s What the Product Does:
When a monitored door is opened, the wireless door/window contact sends an immediate signal to the plug-in receiver featured in this kit and a selected chime sound is played. This kit may be expanded by adding more transmitters (sensors) as well as more receivers. The components in this kit are also compatible with the Carlon series or wireless door chime products that allow easy integration with other home alert and chime products. You can add push buttons, motion sensors, doorbell extenders and more to the components in this kit.
What’s in the Kit?
The RC3260 is a wireless door/window alarm comes in two components. The sensor is indoor rated only and is powered by a 9 Volt battery (supplied). The sensor is comprised of two pieces one of which is magnetized. When these contacts are separated, the sensor is triggered and then wirelessly signals a plug-in chime receiver. The great thing about this product is that it uses the same receiver as the RC3253 so that you can easily expand the system by adding additional sensors and or additional receivers.
How the Products are Powered:
The door window sensors are battery operated – no wiring required. The range between the transmitter and receiver is roughly 150 feet. This range may be decreased by qualities such as metal doors, concrete, and stucco.
This product works best by a door or window that typically stays closed. It does not detect motion or other movement and is only triggered when the magnetic contacts are separated.
If you plan on placing your door sensor outside, we recommend ordering the RC2260. If not, go with the RC3260.
Common uses of this productisover a door or window where you haveretrictedaccess. Some of our customers are retail stores who want to know when customers enter dressing rooms, for example. When the shopper opens the dressing room door a gentle chime sound notifies the retail store clerk. If you have children or watch children these are great, low-cost devices to add a layer of security to yoursuperivision. If a child opens an exterior door you will hear a loud, gentle sounding chime.
- There are two sound modes for this product:
- “Alarm” mode – plays alarm sound for 4 minutes, or until “chime” is selected on transmitter
- “Chime” mode – plays one of 13 tunes/melodies when transmitter is activated
- In chime mode, there is the option to have different transmitters play other sounds to differentiate other doors and or windows (13 different sounds).
- Under the transmitter cover is a push button to change the sound played byreceiver.
- Wireless receiver with adjustable volume runs on 110 volts and plugs into a standard wall outlet within a 150-foot range
- Completely wireless, installs in minutes
- Alkaline battery powered – 6 volts (PX28A/RC2095)
- No false alarms – Alarm or chime is not activated until the door or window opens
- Maximum 150′ range from transmitter to receiver is up to 150ft.
- 32 codes decrease interference
- Compatible with other Carlon wireless chimes and entry alert products. Expand listening area by adding receivers, add other sensors and transmitters to the system.
- Manufactured by Carlon
- One year manufacturer’s warranty
|Dimensions||9 x 7.25 x 2.5 in|
|Kit or Accessory|