Model #: ERA-UTDCR
Wireless Doorbells: Your Guide to Convenience and Security
Never miss a visitor again with the ease and flexibility of wireless doorbells! These innovative systems offer a simple solution for enhancing your home’s security and accessibility, eliminating the need for complex wiring and installation.
Here’s why wireless doorbells are the perfect choice for you:
- Effortless Installation: No drilling or electrical work is required. Simply connect the receiver to a standard wall outlet or use batteries for portability.
- Expandable Coverage: Add multiple push buttons and receivers to suit your needs, ideal for large homes, businesses with multiple buildings, or enhancing coverage in specific areas.
- Portable Receivers: Enjoy the freedom to hear your doorbell even when you’re outside or away from the main receiver with battery-powered portable models.
Enhanced Security and Accessibility:
- Increased Awareness: Stay informed about visitors with amplified sound, clear chime melodies, and even flashing lights, ensuring you never miss a notification.
- Ideal for Hearing-Impaired Individuals: Vibrational alerts and visual cues ensure everyone can be aware of visitors, regardless of hearing limitations.
- Long-Range Options: Choose from models with impressive ranges of up to 4,000 feet, perfect for larger properties and businesses, ensuring you’re always notified about visitors no matter where you are.
Explore our diverse range of wireless doorbells and discover the perfect fit for your needs:
Wireless Doorbell Chime:
- Choose from a variety of pre-loaded chime sounds, melodies, and volumes to personalize your notification experience.
- Opt for models with flashing lights for added visual alerts, perfect for environments with low sound levels.
- Select plug-in models for consistent power or battery-powered options for convenient portability.
Wireless Doorbell Push Button:
- Choose from a range of stylish and durable push-button designs to complement your home or business’s aesthetic.
- Opt for models with backlit buttons for easy identification in low-light conditions.
- Select long-range push buttons for reliable signal transmission, even across large properties.
Battery Operated Doorbells:
- Enjoy the freedom of installation without needing a nearby outlet, ideal for temporary setups or areas with limited power access.
- Benefit from long-lasting battery life, ensuring reliable operation for years with minimal maintenance.
- Choose from a range of styles and features to find the perfect battery-operated doorbell for your needs.
- Enjoy consistent and reliable operation with a direct connection to a standard wall outlet.
- Select models with built-in night lights for enhanced security and visibility around your entryway.
- Opt for plug-in doorbells with integrated chime receivers for a compact and convenient solution.
- Ideal for larger properties, businesses, and warehouses, offering extended range capabilities for reliable notification even across vast distances.
- Choose from models with adjustable signal strength to optimize performance based on your specific needs.
- Explore models with multiple receivers for comprehensive coverage throughout your property.
Door Chime Receiver:
- Expand your existing wireless doorbell system by adding additional receivers for wider coverage in your home or business.
- Select models with customizable chime sounds and volume levels to personalize your notification preferences.
- Opt for portable receivers to enjoy freedom and flexibility, allowing you to hear the doorbell wherever you are.
Invest in a wireless doorbell and experience the benefits of:
- Convenience: Effortless installation, portability, and expandability.
- Security: Enhanced awareness and long-range options for greater peace of mind.
- Accessibility: Vibrational alerts, visual cues, and amplified sounds for inclusivity.
Browse our wide selection of wireless doorbells and discover the perfect solution to enhance your home security, convenience, and accessibility!
How to Select the Right Wireless Doorbell Product for Your Needs
You need to know several factors before selecting the right wireless products. The best thing you can do is call us; we would be happy to help you. Below are some items you need to consider when choosing your chime.
Step 1: Determine the wireless chime range you need.
The most important thing to consider is the distance from the transmitter (push button) to the receiver (speaker). Most manufacturers publish a range when tested in ideal environments, which usually means line-of-site and no interference. Any walls will diminish the signal by 20%-30%.
- Standard chimes have a range of up to 150 ft. For standard chimes, you should feel comfortable selecting any of the products in the plug-in or battery-operated products.
- Long-range chimes have distances up to 5,000 ft. (depending on the model). We have a good article you can read regarding long-range chimes.
Step 2: Are there any special requirements, such as a need for a doorbell for the hard of hearing?
- We covered long-range chimes above, but we would also consider that a specialty type of chime. If so, we recommend you select the long-range category.
- If you are hard of hearing or in a loud environment, you might want to consider a wireless chime with some visual indicator. For standard chimes, we have the ERA-DCKIT with a Flashing Strobe. If you need a long-range chime and a flashing light, there are two choices: the ERA-DCKIT, with a range of 4,000 ft., and the WDK-ERA-STROBE, which has a range of up to 4000 ft. You can also choose the LRA-D1000S or the LRA-D1000, for a standard chime with a visual indicator.
Step 3: Battery Operated Doorbell or plug-in Doorbell?
- The only difference between these two categories is whether the receiver is battery-powered or plugs into a wall outlet. Other than that, the functionality is the same.
- Battery-operated door chime kits usually operate using C-sized or D-sized alkaline batteries. The LRA-D1000 is battery-operated. However, a plug-in transformer is available for additional purchase. Battery-operated chimes may be hung on the wall, while some models can sit on a desk or flat surface.
- Plug-in chimes plug into a standard wall outlet.
- An important note is that “most” brands are compatible with one another, regardless of whether they are plug-in or battery-operated.
I need a replacement part for an existing wireless chime product.
If you have an existing product, your choices are slightly more limiting. First, determine the brand. In most cases, you can purchase additional receivers, plugins, or battery-operated ones. Older models have compatibility issues, so we encourage you to call us.
For example, if you have the Dimango, Carlon, or Lamson & Sessions brand names, the technology changed in 2000, making the older models non-compatible with the more recent models.
More About Different Wireless Chimes
Plugin Door Chime Models:
Installation is a snap with plug-in doorbell kits. Simply mount the push button transmitter to the outside door and plug the door chime receiver into a standard wall outlet. With most manufacturers, you can mix and match battery-powered and plug-in receivers.
Battery-Operated Door Bell Models:
These chime kits typically contain a transmitter and a receiver. The difference between these kits and the plug-in versions is that batteries power the receivers in these doorbell kits.
Don’t let the fact that these are battery-powered worry you. Typically, the batteries will last 12-24 months, depending on usage and environmental factors. Battery operation allows you to mount these chimes higher on the wall and allows the manufacturer to design a more aesthetic design than seen in most plug-in models. As with the plug-in version, if you stay with a particular manufacturer, like Carlon, you can mix and match plug-in and battery-operated receivers.
Flashing Strobe Light Doorbell Products:
Whether you’re hard of hearing or need to hear a door chime in a loud area, our flashing wireless chimes are an inexpensive way to ensure you never miss a visitor to your door. We carry a line of products designed for residential and commercial use that are easy to install, maintain, and work great.
Plug-In Receivers: Plug it into a Wall Outlet
This category shows our “plug-in” wireless door chime products. These products are wireless from the transmitter (a.k.a. push button) to the receiver. The receivers in this category plug into a standard wall outlet.
Choosing the Right Wireless Doorbell
- Do you need a particular brand for compatibility reasons?
- What range do you need? (push button to receiver)
- Do you need additional push buttons and receivers to expand the kit?
Do You Need A Particular Brand
Most products from the same manufacturer will be compatible, except for the Honeywell brand of door chimes. Honeywell brands are “A.B, C, D, or E” compatible. All other brands on this page are compatible with one another. If compatibility is not a factor, then choose the model you want to be based on other factors.
Wireless Range of Wireless Chimes & Wireless Doorbells
This is one of the most important factors when choosing your wireless doorbells & door chime. When the range of a product is listed on a website, it’s typically the published range the manufacturer provides. This wireless range is a typical “line of sight” in an unobstructed environment, meaning no interference.
Many plug-in wireless door chimes in this category are the Carlon, Thomas and Betts cordless door chimes. If you are looking for the “Dimango” or “Lamson & Sessions” brands, they are now known as Carlon or Thomas and Betts. All the Wireless Doorbells from Dimango are compatible with Dimango doorbells, and most Dimango products work together. We also offer Dakota Alert, Safeguard Supply, Broan, and Honeywell wireless doorbell systems.
Please note: Most wireless door chime manufacturers make their products cross-compatible. A Carlon RC3253 receiver will work with all other wireless door chime products by Carlon. The Honeywell chimes listed on this site are also cross-compatible, allowing you to mix and match battery and plug-in operated models, as well as plug-in door alarms, door alarms, and plug-in door sensors.
Battery & Plugin Operated Door Chimes
Battery Operated Door Chimes
Do you need a new doorbell but don’t want to run expensive wiring? Maybe you have trouble hearing your existing chime? Using a battery operated wireless unit is something to consider. Some folks have a negative view of wireless products like this, but more often than not, it’s because the products they have used in the past are of the highest quality. The products you find at most local hardware stores and the major box store retailers won’t have the features and power they need to operate effectively in your home or business. Even some online stores will sell cheap models that are not effective. At 1800Doorbell, we’ve done an excellent job vetting products to ensure they do what they say they will do. Feel confident when you shop on our website based on our experience and the fact that we stand behind our products with a complete 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
- Easy to set up and install wireless products allow for more mounting options
- Most products play more than one melody or note, allowing you to add wireless buttons on other doors.
- Easily add additional receivers to expand the listening range of your current system.
- There are many modern and beautiful styles to choose from
- New technology means a more extended transmission range to ensure the product is reliable.
- Battery draw is not as high as you would expect. Most systems will work for 1-2 years before a battery change.