Di2000S-AG The Original Driveway Informer – Reliable, Long Range Driveway Alarm System
The Driveway Informer – Di2000S-AG – is a state of the art, super-reliable driveway alarm product. Instantly be alerted in your home or business when a car or person enters your drive. Made in the USA, it is our best selling driveway alarm. This system picks up movement from vehicles, people or animals and instantly alerts receiver up to 1,000 ft. away. Expand the system by adding additional receiver chimes, or additional outdoor transmitters.
Accessories & Addons:
- Additional information
- Product Manual
Wireless driveway alarms, like the Di2000S-A, will keep you informed and safe by alerting you when a car, person or animal enters your driveway or any area you would like to monitor. The system works by sending an alert when the passive infrared motion sensor detector is triggered.
The Di2000S-A uses a state of the art passive-infrared (PIR) sensor to detect any movement within the detection zone. When the sensor detects motion it transmits a wireless signal up to 1,000 ft. away to a plug-in receiver. When the receiver receives the alert, it emits a chime sound in order to notify you of any movement.
The sensor/transmitter sends out an invisible beam that is approximately 2” x 2” at one foot away from sensor to approximately 2′ x 2′ feet at 40 feet away from sensor. Essentially, the beam sends out a conical shape for a detection zone. If anything with a heat signature moves within this detection zone, the transmitter is triggered and will send a signal to the receiver, making it chime. The sensor is powered by 2 “AA” batteries (not included) and mounts with the supplied mounting bracket and mounting screws. Inside the transmitter are dip switches which allows you to pair it with other transmitters and receivers, and to determine the chime sound the receiver will play when triggered.
The receiver supplied in the kit plugs into a standard wall outlet. The front of the receiver features a counter that allows you to track the number of entrances through the detection zone. On the back of the receiver is a volume control knob that allows you to adjust the volume according to your preference. Also on the back of the receiver/speaker are two terminal screws; one is to power an external speaker, allowing you to hear the chime sound in another room or location. The second terminal screw is for a live 12 volt output, which can be used to power a variety of accessories such as strobe lights, sirens, counters, X10 interfaces, and virtually any product powered by 12 volts.
Highlights of the Di2000S-A
- High quality American Made product
- Reliability that you can depend on
- Amazing range, sending a wireless signal up to 1,000 feet away
- Expandable: four zones (each plays separate chime sound) by adding additional receivers and additional transmitters (sensors)
- Long battery life of transmitter, estimated 5,000,000 rings
These are just a few of the reasons why this wireless driveway alarm has been, and continues to be our number one selling monitoring system. Although this is a best in class system to monitor your driveway, it has many uses beyond that. We have customers who mount transmitters/sensors along fence lines to monitor movement along a property line.. We even have a customer who uses the Di2000S-A to monitor when his cows break through his fence line–no kidding!
Quick Product Features:
- Range of 1,000 ft. is line of site with no interference.
- Up to 4 monitoring zones with different sounds for each zone. For example, transmitter/sensor one will make the receiver play “ding,” while a sensor mapped to zone 2 will play “ding-dong.” This will enable you to determine which sensor is being triggered.
- The receiver features a speaker terminal screw that allows you to add an extra speaker to hear Informer alerts in a 2nd location (speaker add on sold separately).
- May add receivers to the system as well to expand the listening area.
- Accessories connection (12v DC terminal) for items such as a siren, strobe light, X-10 Interface and more.
- Built in counter with digital display that features a reset button.
- Two year battery life expected (At 500 rings per day) powered by 2 “AA” batteries (not included).
- Receiver plugs into a standard wall outlet.
|Dimensions||7.25 x 7.25 x 3.5 in|
|kit or accessory|
Expandable, External Speaker Output, Live 12V DC Output, Multi-Zone, Volume Control
Hi Henry. Thanks for the feedback. You are correct, your sensor is a Passive Infrared Sensor and it is going pick up any movement heat.
I purchased and installed this driveway alarm a few days ago. The distance from alarm sensor to receiver in my house is about 160 feet. So far it has worked just as advertised. The only issue that should be considered is that this sensor is optical, so it alarms for vehicles and pedestrians. My old system (which died) was magnetically activated, so it detected only vehicles. So now when I open the gate, drive out, walk back to close the gate, and return to my car, the alarm goes off 3 times. That's not a flaw, just the way it works. Now it also alarms when I walk up to pick up the mail. Nevertheless, I really like the alarm and it seems completely reliable.
Great product. Have owned for 9 years and never had a problem. Original transmitter is mounted about 1100 feet away and goes off at least 95% of the time. Just ordered and installed second transmitter closer to the house just to pick up when the other one does miss.
Without a doubt this is the best driveway alarm on the market. Wish I would have found this unit sooner before wasting my money on less expensive units. Just one problem, the transmitter bracket which is made out of a VERY thin aluminum will create problems when snow plowing. The bracket is too weak to keep the transmitter stationary when snow hits it.
Easy to install and remove for battery replacement