Skylink has a great reputation for creating a do-it-yourself home security alarm systems that do not require expensive monitoring. With the SK-2 Wireless Home Lighting Starter Kit, they have extended this concept into home automation.
Do you need to remotely control lamps or other lighting?
If yes, then this is a great starter kit to start with. The SK-2 is a kit that allows you to remotely control up to two lamps, with a remote that features on/off and dimming capability. The kit features the following components:
- TC-318-7 - Remote control transmitter module
- PL-318 - Plug-in dimmer module
- LX-318 - Screw-in dimmer module
Setting the system up is easier than you may think. In this kit, you are provided with two different receivers. The PL-318 plugs into a standard wall outlet. After plugging it into a wall, you plug the lamp you would want to remotely control into that module. The LX-318 is a receiver that screws into a standard lamp, and the you screw the light bulb directly into the receiver.
Using the included transmitter, or remote control, you can turn the lamp on and off, and even dim the lamp (with a compatible dimming capable bulb.) The transmitter is powered by 1 x CR-2032 lithium battery (included) and the range of the unit (from transmitter to receiver) is up to 500 feet line of site.
For detailed capabilities, please consult the attached product manuals for each of the components in this kit. If you only need to control one lamp or light, please see the Skylink SK-1.
- Kit ships with 1 x TC-318-7 (7-button remote control) transmitter, 1 x PL-318 plug-in receiver, and 1 x LX-318 screw in receiver)
- Transmitter/Remote control ships with 1 x installed CR-2032 lithium batter
- On/Off, and dimming capability with compatible incandescent and CFL dimming bulbs
- Up to 300W load on PL-318 and 60W on LX-318
- Wireless range (from receivers to transmitters) is up to 500 ft. Environmental factors may diminish the wireless siganl
- You can create lighting zones by adding additional receivers and sensors
- Manufactured by Skylink
- UL/cUL certified
- One year manufacturer's limited warranty
This is a great starter kit that gives you the ability to control two different devices. The kit is also expandable. You have the option of adding more remote controls, more receivers, or even compatible sensors.