Choosing the Right Entry Alert
There are many different entrance alerts available today, and the choices may seem overwhelming, or intimidating. When evaluating which system is right for your home or business application, start by asking yourself a few important questions.
- Do I need a wired or wireless alarm? If you are looking for a wired system, we carry 2 options to choose from Wired Entrance Alert with PIR Sensor and the Beam Alert. Due to the demand and desire for wireless systems, the choices are much greater.
- How large is my home or building? Entrance alerts range from 50 ft. to 2500 ft. to cover even the largest of facilities.
- Where do I want to hear the chime? Would you prefer the chime to sound at the door when a customer or visitor walks in? Many of our options will produce a chime right above the door when either the door is opened, breaking a connection, or when movement is detected.
- If you need to be in a location that is not close to the door (i.e, warehouse, office, stockroom), a system that comes with a plug in chime will be a better solution. These types of alerts will come with a sensor that is mounted above the door, and the chime receiver can be plugged in at any location where you want the chime to ring. Our best selling system is the DA50L-A Entrance Alert Set. This alarm allows you to add additional sensors for multiple doors and as many receivers as necessary.
- How many sound options do you need? If you plan to monitor more than one entrance, it would be helpful for each door alarm to produce a different chime. This allows you to determine which alert was triggered. For example, the front door alert could be set to produce a gentle "Ding" sound, where the side entrance creates a "Ding Dong". This allows you to be aware of employees, customers and visitors to your home or business, creating greater security and better customer service.
In addition to these 4 major questions, please use the options on the left hand side of the screen, highlighted in green, to help narrow down your choices. If you find it easier to receive person assitance, please call us at 1-800-366-7235. Our customer service representatives are experts in our products, and can help you choose the best entrance alert for your unique application.
For more information on how to choose ther right alert, click the button below for a recently written article.