The RC4120 is a long range Dimango/Carlon wireless doorbell. It has a range of up to 300 ft. We say "up to" because environmental factors, such as stucco, metal, or concrete walls can negatively impact the performance of the chime.
This unit features a high intensity LED light that flashes during the duration of the chime being played. With up to 13 chime sounds available, you may select one of these chime sounds to play on the receiver by pushing the tune selector button on the wireless push button.
If you want a long range doorbell but don't want a receiver that's battery powered like the RC4120, we would recommend the DC-1000. You can also pair the push button in this kit, the RC4121 with a plug in receiver like the RC3253 which is a plug-in receiver.
If you need a wireless door chime kit with a range greater than the 300 ft. range of this kit, we recommend the DC-1000 long range wireless doorbell.
- 300' operational range depending on environment
- High intensity flashing LED lights flashes with chime sound and may be turned on or off
- Powered by 4 D-Cell alkaline batteries (not included) with battery life of 2 years under normal operating conditions
- Compatible with all Dimango, Carlon door chime products (RC series)
- Push button uses 2 lithium ion batteries (included) and includes double sided tap and screws to mount
- Kit also ships with double sided tape, screws and wall anchors
- Range of this product is 300 ft. Environmental factors such as metal, concrete, etc. will interfer and cut down wireless range.
- Trasnmitter button is outdoor rated. Pleaes ensure you mount the transmitter with the weep hole facing down.
- Small button on face of transmitter allows you to change the melody
- Volume control settings.
- User may turn the flashing LED on or off.
When door chime manufacturer's publish a product range, that range is in an ideal setting, not reality. When these measurements are taken, they are typically done in a lab with a clear line of site, meaning there is nothing obstructing the signal. Many manufacturers, over the years, have worked to increase the wireless range of their products and to improve the strength of the wireless ranges.
In our experience, Carlon (Dimango) gets about as close as they come to the published wireless rate. Their patented SAW technology ensures you will get just about as much range as possible out of your product. Adding to that, Carlon created the RC4120 Long Range Cordless Door Chime. This long range door chime kit is compatible with other Carlon brands but features a cordless doorbell button, the RC4121, that packs an extra punch. The kit ships with one RC4121 cordless button, and one battery powered door chime receiver. Additional push button are available.
This battery powered, cordless chime also features a slide switch for selecting high, medium, and low volume settings. Like virtually all Carlon models of wireless chimes, these products are cross-compatible with products like the plugin addon receiver, the RC3253, or the standard range wireless button like the RC3301. This means you are able to mix and match the RC4120 set with a wide range of Carlon Dimango door chime products. For example, you could purchase a more decorative battery chime for the front entry, the RC4120 receiver for another room, and a plugin RC3253 wireless chime receiver for the garage.
The RC4120 will play 13 different melodies to allow you to change the tune with your mood as well as set tune to a specific push button. When someone rings the front door you could have the chime ring the famous "Westminster" chime melody while the garage door button makes the receivers play "Take Me Out to the Ball Game.