This is a great concept and one of those products where you say "that's cool." The AR170 turns your lamp into a dimmer by attaching to your lamp's cord.
It works like this. Turn off your lamp. Next, cut your lamp cord, and then follow the enclosed instructions on how to insert these two cord ends into the slidder box. Clamp it down...plug it in, and start using the slide dimmer to dim your lamp. Easy or simple to do!
- Slider provides full range--off to full bright
- Dimmer slide is white in color
- Small LED light allows you to easily see the dimmer when it's dark
- 300 watts maximum
- 120VAC, 60Hz
- Use only with SPT-2 lamp cords (most commonly used)
- For use with halogen and incandescent lighting
- One year warranty
- Manufactured by Carlon, a Thomas & Betts company