One of the most distinctive elements about any doorbell is the chime sound itself. These help to welcome visitors or customers to your place. It's true that doorbells and chimes provide other advantages, like convenience for homeowners and business locations. They also offer that extra measure of security because you're notified (or warned, as the case may be) that you have a visitor. You can select decorative doorbells that match your decor or even add an artistic element to your space. You can choose a model that has a visual doorbell alarm, like a flashing light along with the sound. The sounds that come with your doorbell can fulfill many different needs, including:
Welcoming: Your doorbell is one of the first forms of greeting that your visitor or customer receives from you. Choose anything from Ding-Dong to Joy To The World and more.
Setting the scene: Think of doorbell chimes as an extension of your personality and the ambiance or atmosphere of your home or business. Pick something cool or vintage that reflects you and your personality.
Joking: There are many funny sound effects, like animal sounds, for instance the Duck Quack.
Celebrating: Choose something perfect for the holidays, birthdays, your anniversary and more. Some doorbells even feature the Wedding March and others include Take Me Out To The Ball Game.
Useful and convenient: You may prefer sounds that are purely functional and basic such as Ding-Dong or very loud, like the trumpets in Reveille.
Warning and security: No one sneaks up on you with a Dog Bark doorbell sound effect.
How Doorbell Chimes Affect Mood
Sound can have a big effect upon how we feel, set the scene and convey a certain mood. Having a number of chimes gives you the opportunity to express yourself in different ways.
Chimes can be pleasant, charming, entertaining, interesting, whimsical and even humorous. No matter what model of doorbell you choose, you're going to be hearing its chime fairly often - so having a number of sound options is a definite plus. You will certainly never be bored!
Select Doorbells and Sounds for Business or Home Use
Whichever brand or model of door chime you purchase at 1800doorbell, that chime can help set the tone for the interaction you will soon have with the customer or visitor that triggers it. Try a classic sound effect, or maybe an upbeat holiday tune for 4th of July or a scary Halloween door chime. (These options are all available on the iChime recordable doorbell.)
Many of our doorbells come complete with lots of sound options. On some models, you will have so many doorbell sound choices that you might never even get around to listening to all the sounds. Sample a few door chimes from our list below. Your new doorbell model may offer 8 sounds, 13 sounds - or even an infinite number of completely custom sounds that you can record yourself. Let's take a look at some of your engaging choices.
Top 10 Doorbell Sounds
Sounds are Free when you purchase the indicated doorbell
Here's a look at our Top 10 most awesome and amazing doorbell sounds - and the best of the rest. You can hear the individual sounds on the Top 10 list by clicking the sound's name/link below. (Once you hear the tune, use your browser "back" button to come back to this page and continue reading.) OR check out all the doorbell sound options at the bottom of the page and see if you agree with our Top 10!
10) Ding and Ding Dong These are dramatically classic options that must be on any respectable Top 10 list! (These sound options,"ding" and "ding dong", are included on every doorbell mentioned on this page. All of these doorbells have at least 3 sound choices - or more.)
9) Beethovens 5th Just a little higher on the amazing doorbell chime melody list is this classical theme familiar to everyone - even if you don't know it by name! Da-da-da-da... (This sound is Included on doorbells with 13 sound options)
8) Jingle Bells and Auld Lang Syne Tied for the #8 position: Major holiday seasonal sounds for Christmas and New Year's celebration. Should old acquaintance be forgot... (Included on doorbells with 8 sound options)
7) Happy Birthday This is great to use if you're hosting a birthday party! You'll give a subtle hint when the birthday boy-or-girl enters the house - and make all the other guests smile as they arrive. (Included on doorbells with 13 sound options)
6) Star Spangled Banner Broad stripes and bright stars! O' say can you see! Perfect for your 4th of July BBQ - or Memorial Day or Flag Day. (Included on doorbells with 6 sound options)
5) Dixie Old times there are not forgotten! You must have this choice on your list if you live anywhere in the South! Or if you were born or raised in the South. Or if you just like the South. A great combo between nostalgia and patriotism. (Included on doorbells with 8 sound options)
4) Bell then Dog Bark and I'll Get It These are two useful doorbell sounds! They can provide a bit of security when unwanted visitors arrive! (Both only available on the iCHIME custom recordable doorbell, which includes 50 options)
3) Take Me out to the Ballgame A vintage ode to America's favorite sport. Don't forget to "buy me some peanuts and crac-ker jacks!" The old saying goes "as American as baseball, hot dogs and apple pie," but peanuts and cracker jacks are great too. If you're a hockey or basketball fan, you will still get a kick out of this catchy tune! (Included on doorbells with 13 sound options)
2) The Yellow Rose of Texas Play the very-recognizable notes of this old West classic. Good for Texans - and anyone nostalgic for yesteryear. Warning, people may dance on your doorstep to this one! (Included on doorbells with 13 sound options)
1) Fantasia This doorbell chime gives a magical-sounding welcome to your visitors. It sounds like a magic wand being waved. This doorbell sound made #1 on our list. What do you think? (Included on Honeywell doorbells with at least 4 sound options, models RCWL200A and RCWL210A.)
NOTES: The sounds listed above are available on all these brands: Carlon; Dimango; Lamson & Sessions; and Thomas & Betts, unless otherwise labeled in the description.
As the awesome runner-up and #2 in our super doorbell list, the GE 8-chime is in a class by itself. This simple to install unit comes with 2 buttons for 2 separate doors. You have the option to add up to 2 more buttons (doorbell transmitters). Hear the GE 8-chime sound options here.
Assign different chime sounds to different doors - know exactly which door to answer
Transmission range from button to receiver (speaker) up to 150 ft.
Use up to 4 wireless push buttons
Door chime speaker (receiver) takes 3 x C-size alkaline batteries (not included)
Wireless button (transmitters) use 1 x CR2032 batteries (included)
The iChime doorbell is a programmable device - you can record anything you like with the built-in microphone. Record your voice or from a CD or mp3 music file. This doorbell offers the ultimate in customization. You can let your creativity go wild with the iChime. You are free to create your own "library" of custom door chime sounds - or choose from the many built-in doorbell sound choices. That's right, this personalizable doorbell also comes stocked with sounds: With creativity and convenience, you get the best of both worlds with the iChime. That's why it's #1 on our list!
About the iCHIME doorbell sounds: This doorbell includes a huge library of cool doorbell sounds. Just take a look at this list of categories:
Fun sounds (Amaze your friends with farm animal doorbell sounds like Duck Quack and Horse Whinny. These could also be fun if there's a toddler in the house learning the animal sounds. 13 total options in this category - also includes I'll Get It and Bell then Dog Bark which helps to deter unwelcome visitors.)
One of the fun things about buying a doorbell is the free doorbell sound effects and chimes that come along with them. The wireless door chime products found at 1800doorbell.com offer a wide variety of sounds to suit your home or business needs.
Listen for Yourself: Doorbell Library of Sounds
Listen before you buy! Preview the sounds of the wireless plug-in, battery-operated and hard-wired doorbells available at 1800Doorbell.com below. The door chime sounds are FREE and pre-installed in the door chime products. If you have a question or need assistance choosing the perfect doorbell for your needs - just contact 1800Doorbell online or call us at 1-800-366-7235!
- To hear the Carlon, Dimango, Lamson & Sessions, and Thomas & Betts doorbell sounds, click each melody's name below. Then use the back arrow on your browser (back arrow is typically on the upper left) to return to this page for more.
- Hear the GE 8-Sound Chimes right here. You can listen to a 4-sound sampling of the GE 8 full, deep and rich sound effects. You will hear: Dong bell sound, Gong sound, Cuckoo Clock and Lighthouse Foghorn with Ocean Waves. For feature list - and to purchase one of the GE 8-sound doorbells, click here.
- To hear the 8 sounds included on the Instant Wireless Door Chime Kit by GE, manufactured by JASCO - just watch the short video below. The sounds include: Knock-knock, Fanfare, Patriotic (Star Spangled Banner), Mozart and 4 more. To get more details - or to purchase this GE 8-sound doorbell, click here.
Honeywell Door Chime Sounds
- To hear Honeywell doorbell sound sounds, click each sound's name below. Then use the back arrow on your browser (back arrow is typically on the upper left) to return to this page for more.
- To listen to the IChime Programmable Doorbell sounds, click each sound's name below. Then use the back arrow on your browser (back arrow is typically on the upper left) to return to this page for more.
The iCHIME hard-wired doorbell can play any single built in selection - or for more variety, it can cycle between all built-in sounds within a category. You can also record up to 60 seconds total in 6 different locations and select the one you want when you want.
To Buy the IChime or learn more information about it, click here
iChime can play any single built in selection or for more variety, it can cycle between all built-in sounds within a category.
You can also record up to 60 seconds total in 6 different locations and select the one you want when you want.
To Buy the IChime or learn more information about it, click here