When you require some wiring on your door carillons, there is no necessity for you to hire a profession who will charge you a higher amount. You can simply set aside 2 days consecutively that you can use to remove those old chimes from your home and install new ones. The best thing about this is that, there are no particular tools required complete this task. A majority of homes are prewired for door chimes while others are not. While this is the case, you might be prompted to obtain those that are wireless. Keep reading the article to get to know the best strategies that you can use while doing the wiring.
- First and foremost, you need the things that will facilitate the process such as a small screwdriver set, a masking tape and a ladder drill bit set.
- Secondly, ensure that the power unit connecting the door chimes in question is completely turned off. The power unit can either have its location in the laundry room, closet or even in a garage.
- Using the small screwdriver, ensure that all the screws from the anchor plates securing the doorbells to the door frames are completely removed. Once done, pull the bells away from the doors.
- Next, make sure you disconnect all the wires that are connected to the doorbell terminals. Use the screwdriver to loosen the terminal screws. Once done, use the masking tape to tightly secure the wires to the door. The reason for doing this is to ensure that the wires do not fall down into the door frames.
- Most of the door chimes have covers. Make sure that you keenly remove them. Since they are secured with terminal screws, you will be prompted to use your small screwdriver to loosen them. While doing this, ensure that you have removed all the wires from the terminal screws.
- The 6th step is for you to keenly loosen and remove all the anchor screws that have their locations at the back of the door chimes. As you do this, make sure you have a firm grip when removing the 2nd screw. Using the masking tape, tape the wires to the walls to prevent them falling into the walls.
- Once you are sure with the 6th step, carefully install the new carillon buttons. Since most of the door chimes come with instructions for wiring, ensure that you follow them to detail. The process is quite simple where you will be required to secure the 2 carillon wires directly to the terminal screws. Make sure that each screw consists of 1 wire. Fasten the anchor plates on the door frames.
- Make drills that will fit the new door chimes evenly since they might not fit the previous holes. Use the correct drilling size as per the instructions given on the manual. Once done, carefully insert the wall anchors into the drilled holes.
- Lastly, make sure that your door chimes are very secure to the door by using the remaining screws. Make wire connections of the carillons to the terminal screws by following the instructions. Place back the covers and turn the power back on.